Oct 16, 2021

SATURDAY SPINSTER RECOVERY BLISS

They came to service the room yesterday while I was waiting for Denise and Jeff, so I took the opportunity to sit in the "Great Room". 

It's basically the lobby of the hotel, but there are big comfy chairs there and a fireplace and TeeVee, and a patio area overlooking the canal.

This will be the perfect stitchy spot once I get my needle and thread back about me.

We sat up late talking...just like the old days when I was in school and Denise and Jeff would come for the weekend. Lots of laughs and chuckles and good gossip about the goings on in Lima. All in all, a perfect evening.

It occurred to me as I was brushing my teeth before bed that I had been up since 5:30, was very active, and had not had a nap! Probably the best I've felt in quite some time!

And then it dawned on me what was the cause of all of this energy and well-being:


Aaaaahhhhh....bliss, thy name is Starbucks French Roast.

I won't overdo it, I promise, but suffice it to say that I am up at 7:30 on a Saturday morning taking those first few precious sips, and all is right with the world once again. According to my docs, coffee is perfectly fine in moderation (in my case that will mean one 3/4 full sippy cup per day) as long as I chase each cup with plenty of water.

There are no restrictions on me diet-wise, but I am being super careful to make good choices and keep the portions under control. I am not trying to lose weight right now, per se, but rather concentrating on getting good nutrition to heal. I can have anything I want with the exception of grapefruit, pomegranate, and starfruit...three things that I don't think I really indulged in before so it should be easy.

I have some back issues of the NYTimes to play with until the day gets going, so methinks I might lounge a bit with them and my damn good for a bit.

What's on your agenda for the day? Come tell me all about it!



 

18 comments:

  1. Coni, it sounds like you had a good evening chatting with Denise and Jeff. Happy to hear that you are able to partake in some damn good. Enjoy the papers and the time with Denise and Jeff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Coni that all is just wonderful to hear. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nothing of note on my agenda - finish a bit of dust bunny hunting, and some stitching on my Halloween Littles. *Maybe* pull some bindweed.

    That's good news that you have no diet restrictions other than those 3 items you don't eat much of anyway, and the limit on coffee. I was worried you over did it yesterday until you said it was the first day of coffee in 2 weeks. I bet it really is damn good after being without it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. For me this says it all "Probably the best I've felt in quite some time!" New kidney, some damn good -- everything coming together!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hear ye, hear ye....she feels the best that she's felt for a long time. That is fantastic! You probably don't remember how long it has been since you have really, truly felt "the best".
    This news has brightened my day...keep sharing this good news!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sounds like an amazing day!!! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. And moving right along... the promise of a cozy corner to do
    your stitching, sipping your 3/4 ration of stimulus and feeling the best you have in so long... What a happy prospect has come from the loving time shared with JB, Denise and Jeff and everyone else contributing to your healing. You are really
    making it all count....what a gal !!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are saying all the things we want to hear, doing all the things we want you to do, and that pretty smile is up in your eyes again. Good work, Miss Coni, and ThankyouGod. :)

    -p.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such an encouraging, promising post, Coni! It sounds like the healing is progressing very well! Keep up posted.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So happy you are feeling better than ever! Enjoy your cup of happiness and relax today. You’ll be back to stitching in no time flat. Today has been project day around here and just settling in now to do some punch needle while sipping my diet lime aid from Sonic.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's so good to read your words Coni, I'm really pleased for you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yesss, you're getting better!! You're making good choices, the only way is up!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great post! Yippee!

    MaryO

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yay for a great day! And many more to come :)

    ReplyDelete