Oct 19, 2021

AND THEN WE ENTERED...THE TWILIGHT ZONE

I lost weight.

I lost weight and was thrilled to do so until the Nurse Practitioner told me this was actually a BAD thing, and that for now I need to concentrate on protein protein protein and just letting everything heal.

Losing weight is a BAD thing.

Hmmmmmm. Guess I should enjoy that fact while I can, because I'm pretty sure it won't be a minute before Goggins has me tied to the treadmill while he hollers "Pick it up, Chubby! You've got a ton to lose and a new kidney to help you do it!"

For now, though....breakfast!

The wound vac dressing change was brutal but aided by a couple of pain meds, so as soon as I eat it will be time for a nap. They've got me in the upstairs clinic getting some fluids, so methinks I'll throw some HGTV on the tube and drift away.

Happy Tuesday, Dearies!  



12 comments:

  1. Thinking of you always. Good luck and keep smiling! Jane from PA

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a long time reader...first time commenter. In terms of protein. What helped me was drinking muscle milk. They sell some at the costcos that have like 25g of protein and no sugar. Also, instead of whole wheat pasta, I started eating pasta made from red lentils or chick peas. I can only tolerate it with some feta cheese, but that got me close to another 25g of protein in a meal. I never lost any weight while I was on chemo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It’s a whole new world! Sounds like you’re going with it, good attitude 😁

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweetest words in the English language …….you need to……
    “Gain Some Weight “

    ReplyDelete
  5. All things equal, having to put pounds on in the near term is a great opportunity, as long as done wisely. I'm sure you're on the right path to adding the protein you need. I.m sorry to hear about the dressing change being ugly. Surely each one will be a little easier.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The sweetest words to fall on one's ears...losing weight is not good ...but of course, protein,protein for muscle mass... Enjoy the losing avoir du pois and the gaining of good health. With the right nutrition the body will respond and you will be slythe in no time. Also enjoy today 's drifting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You can lose weight another time. For now, stop trying to be SuperWoman and focus on protein, rest and letting your body recover. Last thing you want is to delay the healing process that is happening on the inside! From experience, don't overdo. Love that you are keeping us in the loop! Happy resting up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad all is going well - apart from the weight! But hey ho, for the moment eat your proteins and then when you are out and about and more mobile, then the pounds will fall to your tune. Chin up as usual.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful thing to hear! Prayers continue for you dear Spinster..You got This! Luv,

    MaryO

    ReplyDelete
  10. Prayers continue. You're getting there, but recovery from a big surgery is a slog, and sometimes the only time you see progress is through the rear view mirror.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope the rest of your day went smoothly, Coni! Continuing to pray for you as your body heals.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thinking of you as you continue moving forward in your recovery. Resting while watching HGTV shows sounds like good medicine. :)
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete