Sep 25, 2021

SATURDAY SPINSTER SHENANAGINS


Heidy ho, Dearies!

I'm up early today, in an effort to get all of my chores and todos done so I can enjoy the weekend. I have quite a list, and I'm not sure I'll have the ability to get through it completely, but I'm going to give it my very best Spinster try!

I finished to leaf on the left side of the pumpkins and am convinced that there does need to be something added to the center, but alas, I'm still on the fence as to what that should be. I'm tucking it away for a day or two, and I'll come back to it fresh with better ideas, I'm sure.

Yesterday was a lovely day here in Hoosierville. I stopped at the Starbucks and picked up my end of week treat/reward for attending all three d-chair treatments and then JB and I went over to Notre Dame for a visit to the Grotto. He lit his candles, we said our prayers, and then we sat for a bit with our faces in the sun watching the peoples and chatting away. Then we went for lunch downtown at a nice little spot that I've wanted to take him to....Macri's Trattoria. 

All in all, a very nice day indeed.

The second acorn arrived in yesterday's mail, so stay tuned for the start! This one involves wool applique', so I'm looking forward to playing with something new and different and learning some new skills!

Happy Saturday! I hope your corner of the world is as happy and peaceful and fun and lovely as it can be tor you today! Come tell me all about what's blowing your skirt up!



7 comments:

  1. The pumpkins are gorgeous. Enjoy the acorns too. Sunny and cooler here today also. Am putting borders on a quilt top and stitching through my rotations. Hope you have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How about a word in the middle? Fall or Autumn or Pumpkin Spice?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You will love wool applique. Quite addictive.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a good plan for your Saturday Shenanigans, Coni! Took a long drive and checked out a newly opened cross stitch shop. Then attended its sit and stitch. Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yesterday my LNS invited some of us to play with a new line of threads. It was so fun to just stitch with no deadline and no final product!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your pumpkins so much! Hope you had a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How about filling in that stem with a brighter shade of green? I think that would help balance the middle of that left pumpkin, it sort of disappears right now.

    ReplyDelete