Aug 1, 2021

WHEN IN DOUBT...STITCH AND MAKE A MEATLOAF

So there I was, minding my own business, when I got the bleepity bleep bleep FLU!

My tummy was a complete mess all week, and I thought maybe it was just a Crohn's flare, but the last three days I got it with all of the classic "put a sheet on the couch, break out the TV tray and ginger ale" symptoms, and finally admitted that I needed to quit pretending like I felt good.

Friday was the worst, Saturday was a little better, and today I am actually able to sit upright without turning green and looking for an escape hatch. I have a low grade temp and sound like James Earl Jones when I try to talk, but hopefully I am on the tail end of it.

I did manage to make a good old fashioned meatloaf and a couple of salads for later, so if hungry I'll have something really tasty to look forward to. My salad is tomato, cucumber, onion, and feta, but since JB doesn't care for cucumbers, I made a second one with tomato and fresh little marinated mozzarella balls. We've also got a ton of different deli salads, too, in case he prefers to go the sandwich route.

Believe it or not, I have stitched a fair bit this weekend...thanks to Flosstube. I feel like it's been forever since I watched, so seeing WiP parades and updates really inspired me to get needle and thread in hand. I played with the PS alphabet a minute, but decided to pick up Summer at Cherry Hill again and maybe push on through to a finish before picking up Fall things.


Before I leave you this afternoon, I have a question for you.

One of my dear friends recently asked me if I would be willing to share a few pieces of my finished stitching with he and his wife in exchange for a contribution to my kidney fund. I have to be honest...it never occurred to me that anybody would be interested in something I had stitched, but given the volume if things I have languishing in a box under the bed, I might be missing the mark.

I need to grow that fund a bit, especially now that a few of my post-transplant meds have changed and will be considerably more than first anticipated. But would auctioning off already stitched pieces (unframed and unfinished into pillows, etc) be something you'd be interested in?

Please let me know your thoughts. As always...my ONLY concern is not offending a family of friends that has already been so incredibly generous to me. I owe you all so much, and hope someday I might be able to return the generosity, but I sure could use a little influx into that fund.

Happy Sunday, Dearies! I hope your weekend has been swell and that you are stitching all the things! Come tell me all about it!

30 comments:

  1. Brilliant idea!

    So happy that I am the first to say a great big yes. I will be happy to bid on a little something for such a good cause.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that's a wonderful idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful! I’m sure you’ll sell out in minutes, and we’ll all be richer for it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would absolutely love a chance to own one of your lovely stitched pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm newish to your blog. I would love to own a piece of work you have done. So yes go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. An excellent idea! Id be delighted to participate.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Heavens yes! Put that one at the top of your list.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely! You've stitched some beauties that I'd never manage to do, and I'd love a chance to have one!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Coni, great idea! I am a sewer/finisher so if your man wants to bring some pillow front finishes to Atlantic City on his next trip East, I would be willing to meet him, get them, finish them (no charge to you, my gift) and get them back to him to take home to you. I'm about 40 miles south of AC. They would probably get you a little better of a price. Anything to help out!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a terrific idea, Coni! Every little bit helps toward your kidney fund.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I say do it. Your stitching efforts deserve to be out and seen, even if not in your own home. Why not enhance your kidney fund? If you won't be enjoying the results of your stitching, let others enjoy them.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think this is a great idea. So many of your friends would be thrilled to have one of your pieces and so would your growing kidney fund

    ReplyDelete
  13. Count me in that long line.....better among us than in a box under the bed..... great idea and could not be for a better cause...

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think you'd be bowled over how fast your stash would shrink with eager bidders and the fund would rise! I'm in!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. On that note - I remember having a conversation with a cousin, who is an avid knitter and owns a little outlet shop in her hometown. She finally admitted that she realized she enjoyed the process of creation more than she actually wanted the finished product. That was a completely novel thought to me, but I'm beginning to get it in my own stitch journey. I DO also HOPE and PRAY you are continuing to feel better!!

      Delete
  15. I think that is a great idea!! I'm not sure I could ever afford one of your beauties but I would totally be in for trying to :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Perfect idea..Just put out a date so we can be prepared

    ReplyDelete
  17. Definitly, do IT. I too am surprised when I sell some of my totes as art. Must have been the weather, as I too had blahs, and making a meatloaf was something that sparked dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yes, this is a great idea! I wondered what you did with all the projects you have finished. I think we would consider it a great favor if we were to be lucky enough to purchase one of your pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I want to share this great testimony to the world on how Dr. Kham cured me from HSV1&2 with his herbs, I was nervous when i first contact him about the cure for HSV but i decided to give him a try because i was desperate to get cured and be free from HSV. Dr. Kham prepared the cure and sent it to me through UPS,which I use just the way Dr. Kham instructed me and thank God today I am a beneficiary to this cure and I went back to the hospital after two weeks of taking the herbs and I tested HSV1&2 Negative. So I will tell you all who are looking for a cure to his/her HSV1&2 that Dr. Kham took research before he could finally get the solution to it and a lot of people are benefiting from him right now. He also cured my friend from HPV. Dr. Kham heals with natural herbs. Please I urge you to contact him now through his email address: dr.khamcaregiver@gmail.com or call and WhatsApp him on +2348159922297. His website is drkhamherbalhealingcenter.wordpress.com/   and he is capable of curing HIV/AIDS, HERPES, HPV, HSV1&2, CANCER of all kinds,DIABETES and so many other infections.  

    ReplyDelete