Aug 2, 2021

WARRIOR MODE


Dearies, I am here through a sheer act of will, the grace of the BigMan, and the little bit of strength I have in me to just pull up my britches, slap on some lipstick, and get...on...with...it.

The pod is quiet thus far, which is a good thing considering the staffing shortage. The patient to tech ratio has been in the dangerous category for quite some time now, and these angels are working themselves to death to make sure we can get our treatments. I am in perpetual awe of anyone who willingly does this for the very little money they make, and they do it with such professionalism in the face of some really really stupid circumstances that they should be getting combat pay.

Thank you for such a positive response to my auction idea. I will get my act together this week and have something for you soon. 

I happily stitched into the evening yesterday, but neglected to take a craptastic progress photo. I wish I could get myself into the habit of documenting my stitching better, but I seem to be having trouble documenting anything at all lately and my poor planner is sorely neglected. Must. Remedy. That.

The week is upon us, and I am determined to get back into some kind of routine. Nothing too Earth shattering, mind you...just a little more productive.

I hope life in your corner of the world is simply lovely today! Come tell me all about it!

7 comments:

  1. Hope you continue to feel better, Coni! Wishing you a restful Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. After 2 weeks off, I'll be back to weeding. Again. At least the next couple of days will be cooler though. I fear the shortage of front-line medical workers, especially in hospitals and clinics, will only get worse. Poor pay, long hours, getting jerked around getting OT hours paid, and now add virus and ill-mannered patients...

    I hope you are over the flu!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you are feeling better today!

    Doctors and nurses and all hospital staff need more credit and maybe it is time to change how things run. 12+ hour, back breaking shifts shouldn't need to be the norm any more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you feel better soon Coni!
    Luv,
    MaryO

    ReplyDelete
  5. Agree with you with the technicians. Pay them a decent wage.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello from many miles away in the UK. I always look forward to reading your blog, for the stitching, the bitching, the ups, downs and laughs of life which make me want to both laugh and cry. My younger son (26 yrs) has been in a UK hospital many miles from home since March, waiting for a liver with a suitable match to become available, his first transplant (only done in 2018) having recently failed. We are blessed with the NHS over here, but our nursing staff have similar issues of long hours, inadequate pay and often low levels of appreciation.

    Sending you positive vibes from across the pond.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Coni, my life is nowhere near as hectic as yours and I'm lucky if I can somehow manage to SHOWER every day. So, if you forget to take a photo, no worries. At least you did the important (and fun) part....Stiching!!!

    ReplyDelete