Aug 27, 2021


Dearies, I am going dark for a few days. I just got my covid booster, and if the first two times are any indication, I plan on looking at nothing but the inside of my eyelids for a few days while sucking down copious fluids and Tylenol.

I am also knee-deep in preparing all of the auction shipments. This is a much larger task than you would imagine, but I am determined to do it well and with great care. If you are an auction winner and have already sent your mailing address, I thank you and beg for your patience. If you have not yet sent your info, please do so at your earliest convenience.

My Jersey Boy is safely in New Jersey for a few weeks visiting his mom, so I will have lots of time to do all of my Spinster things. My list this time is quite long, and begins with a thorough re-org of the cube room studio:

Can you believe I let it get that messy again? I swear, my stash spontaneously multiplies in there without my supervision. 

There will be plenty of stitching. As a matter of fact, I am plugging away on Pretty Pumpkins while watching The Chair on the Netflix. I am enjoying both immensely!


Finally, please stay tuned for the next bit of kidney fund fun. I have decided to do a raffle for the items donated by my sister. You can buy tickets and indicate which thing you would like (as many or as few as you wish), and I will draw winners from Stewey's treat jar/now JB's treat jar. That way, everybody who wants to play gets a chance.

Speaking of my sister....in the month of October she is donating the proceeds of her etsy shop to my kidney fund for those orders received from you. I will give you more details later, but I think this will be a wonderful way for you to shop her pretty things and help me at the same time! (I still can't wrap my brain around the generosity of this community, and I am so very grateful for it every single day!)

So that's it for me for a bit. I apologize for all of the crazy spam comments that have popped up, but I am, for some reason, unable to delete them in the blogger thingie. 

Stupid spam.

Happy Friday, happy weekend, happy everything to one and all! Do something wonderful for yourself and come tell me all about it!

12 comments:

  1. I got my booster shot today and my old lady flu shot. Hoping they don't lay me low for the weekend. No hurry on the auction canvas. Take care of YOU first. Thank Aunt Chrissy for her donations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Coni - I wish you every success, of course, but check that it's legal for you to advertise and run a raffle. It certainly isn't here in my part of Oz! (Of course, lots of groups do run small-scale raffles as fund-raisers without getting a permit, but advertising them online is another matter.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope the booster doesn't take too much out of you, but at least you know it will pass. It sounds like you've got enough to keep you busy for the next few weeks! I'm busy gardening, painting and making chutney - hopefully not all at the same time, although knowing me..... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometime post how the booster made you feel....some of us have to wait for months before getting the shot. You can let us know what to expect. OTOH..enjoy a few days of just stitching and watching Netflix. That is how a holiday weekend should be spent!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you get good rest, feel stronger, and have some energy to do the things you want. Yesterday I felt ready to clean up my fabric storage, spent an hour and it's good. Now for the linen closet...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Coni, hope you have a restful and relaxing weekend! Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Keep me in mind for a small tee shirt my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Although missing JB, I suspect you welcome some down time to pursue stitching and viewing. Visiting family just left here and I contemplate holiday restoration of kitchen and laundry room from upheaval and pile up. My down time will be the satisfaction of viewing renewed order and peace when it is finished, and then a reward of quiet stitching to seal the task. Brava to Chrissy for her generosity. A relaxing holiday
    to all....

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope the booster goes easy on you and you aren't feeling too poorly. I have been meaning to give The Chair a watch and since you are liking it so much I really need to give it a go. You haven't led me astray yet :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Take care of yourself!

    Luv,

    MaryO

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just love, love, love The Chair!! As a lit major for over half of my undergrad college life, I flirted with going into academia. Perhaps I dodged a bullet by going a different direction??? Fabric is so bad about messing up everything, even worse than the cats!! Hope you have little or zero reaction to shots this weekend.

    ReplyDelete