Jun 2, 2021

FREE DAY! WOO HOO! OH. WAIT A MINUTE.

Well, Dearies, I suppose we'll file this under the category of "Be careful what you wish for". 

I didn't sleep last night for some reason. I went to bed and turned on my movie (84 Charing Cross Road for about six months straight now thankyouverymuch) and then got out of bed a few hours later (after tossing and turning) and ended up reading until the wee small hours. I think I got about an hour and a half of sleep total.

So when I got into the shower at 5:45 I though to myself "I wish I could just stay home today and stitch and sleep all day".

Wish granted.

I infiltrated during cannulation....that's dialysis speak for the needle poked Buzzy wrong and a huge knot formed lickety split and I had to get off the machine after only a second or two, hold the sites, and then get home and under an ice pack:

Don't worry. I will surely find a way to spend the day.

I might admire my hard work from yesterday...re-organizing the pantry for the thirty-second time:

Or maybe I'll hit the balcony for a few minutes:

Or do a face mask:

Or....the most probable option...get back to Eliana:

What I DO know for sure is that there will be a nice long nap in there someplace in the big girl sleigh bed.

So that's what's doin' in these here parts, Dearies. What's up with you?

9 comments:

  1. Oh Coni, sorry about the infiltration. Hope the swelling continues to go down. Have a restful day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy catching up on rest and recovery. Eliana should help.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I recognize many of my own traits. I keep reorganizing cupboards to the dismay of my husband. It’s like a scavenger hunt when he looks for something. Try to burrow in today and rest. I know it’s hard❤️

    ReplyDelete
  4. I vote for the face mask --- but only if there are pictures!

    Plus reading on the balcony. We have a balcony that is not nearly as nice as yours but when I go out to read, nap, etc, I call it "balconizing".

    Enjoy your free day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My mom used to singe her facial (and arm) hair off with a candle. I tried it once and it took two really scrubby showers to get the burnt hair out of my skin, so now I just pluck the thick hairs and shave off the rest. The thrills of aging just never stop.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Any and all options sound perfect. I hope you aren't in too much pain after Buzzy's little snafu. I took my 11 year old to a Young Millionaire meeting today. He is going to be an entrepreneur this summer :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Naughty Buzzy having a hissy fit! EEK! Face mask! LOL! Yup, Eliana so near to finishing by the looks.
    Here, after a super sunny weekend, we are back to yuk, but at least it is dry but not boiling hot and I can get out and do things without being drenched in rain or my own salty excretions at the opposite ends of the scale!
    Hope you manage to get to D next time without any more ado from Buzzy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope your arm settles quickly, although your "free day" activities look good :) I spent yesterday removing vinyl floor tiles in the kitchen with my daughter - we thought we'd done well when we removed 20......only to realise we've got another 120 to go!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that movie..hope you are improving and back at it shortly..take it easy

    ReplyDelete