May 1, 2021

SPINSTERCATION DAY ONE




Aaaaaahhhhhh....that sound you hear is actually not a sound at all, but rather the quiet of a Spinstercation Saturday morning.

Hello, Dearies!

I had a nice long sleep in the big girl sleigh bed last night, and my morning has unfolded according to its own pace. I am quiet and in the Happy Chair with my magic blanket, a big cup of damn good, a lovely quiche baking away in the oven, and last week's New York Times for company. 

The day started cold, windy, and gloomy, but the sun has just recently appeared and tempted me (but just for a split second) to go outside. My yearning to play golf needs to be tucked away for a minute, because I am seriously in need of a few days of just doing nothing but stitching and sleeping and resting.

So I shall.

On the stitchy front, I am considering switching to Baked Alaska for a day or two, or maybe I will paw through the WiP basket and come up with something completely unexpected. No matter...just as long as I get to visit with needle and thread this weekend.

My JB made it "home" to his mom's house successfully, so that's one less thing I need to worry about. I know he enjoys the drive, and I would too under different circumstances, but I still worry about him on the road for that length of time. He will spend the next two weeks there, visiting and enjoying the shore and picking up all of his favorite things (like Atlantic City Italian bread and Taylor Pork Roll) for the return to Hoosierville. I requested Goldenberg Peanut Chews....one of my favorite things on the planet!

I hope that your weekend is full of fun! Come tell me all about it!

4 comments:

  1. If you have a Walgreen nearby - they used to carry the famous
    G peanut chews... at least in our neck of the woods....
    Have a pleasant, relaxing day doing things at your own pace...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You deserve some quiet time after the week you've had. Enjoy some stitchin' time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounded like you have had a good start to your Spinster Staycation, Coni. I hope whatever you pull to work on blows your skirt up. Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope your Saturday was indeed full of peaceful, calm, stitchy bliss and that Sunday will bring you more of the same!

    ReplyDelete