May 2, 2021

SCENES FROM A SPINSTER WEEKEND...

This was supposed to be my new sippy cup for Indy after transplant, but I figured I'd give it a trial run until the phone call comes. It's a Bubba, and holds a whopping 32 ounces! I am in love.

(And yes, most dialysis patients are very restricted when it comes to the amount of fluid they can have, and this 32 ounces represents an entire day's worth, but for me it is just the opposite. The more I restricted, the more I gained. It was only when I went back to drinking gallons that the weight came off, so drink gallons I shall!)

(Unless I stop urinating, of course (which happens). Then I will go back to being the compliant and obedient patient. But until then...lemon water for everybody!)

Last night's dinner from Kyoto. Vegetarian lettuce wraps (looks awful, tasted delicious), gyoza, and California rolls. My JB doesn't care for this kind of cuisine, so I indulge in it big time when he is away!

(The lettuce wraps are a PF Chang knock off version, but sufficed. My sister introduced me to PR Changs in Phoenix about a hundred years ago, and I have never had better, but we don't have one of those yet and have to make do.)

And finally...some stitching! All that talk about switching projects was just that...talk. Eliana continues to delight, and as soon as I finish my second cup of damn good, I'm getting back to her!

(I have visions of a lovely guest room studio, with a day bed on one side and my cube wall on the other and Eliana hung above the day bed in an enormously elaborate frame.)

This is the dog that lives downstairs, and whose bark sends shivers up my spine. He is LARGE, Marge, and this photo doesn't capture just how big he really is. I don't know his name, but for all you Game if Thrones fans out there...I call him Ghost.

(The woman behind him is about 5'7" or so. When she stands and he stands, his back is well past her hip...quite possibly the biggest dog I have ever seen.)

(He is a white German Shepherd, by the way, and not a dire wolf.)

So that's it from a simply gorgeous day here in Hoosierville, Dearies! My better angels prevailed, and I managed to stay in the big girl sleigh bed snoozing until 12:30 rather than going to play golf. I am still a bit tired from the antics of last week, but I think one more day of rest should have me back in the action for the week ahead!

Happy, happy, healthy Sunday to one and all! I hope your corner of the world is everything you want it to be today! Come tell me all about it!
 

1 comment:

  1. I'm so happy to hear you're having a relaxing weekend, especially after the horrible week you endured. Your dinner last night sounds yummy, and your stitching looks beautiful! Good luck with your appt this Tuesday with the ENT, I'll say a prayer that all goes well. Enjoy your Sunday!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete