May 11, 2021

ENOUGH

I'm wallowed, fretted, worried, and hermitted out.

Hello again, Dearies.


I am happily perched in my chair and easing into the day ahead. No big plans...just an eye doc appointment to get back into contact lenses. I saw the ophthalmologist last week, but he doesn't do contacts (go figure), so back I go today to see the actual contact doctor.

(I miss my old guy at the WalMarts. You basically walked in, got your eyes checked, new glasses and contacts, and picked up extra toilet paper and shampoo all in one fell swoop.)

No news to report from CS2, I'm afraid. On the health front, I won't know a thing until the 25th, when I go to the liver guy and we go over all of the tests. I've also pretty much decided that I don't want to know another thing unless it's going to kill me in the next two weeks. If it's in there, it's going to stay in there, and I don't want to know a thing about it. Just give me a heads up if the bus is getting close enough to splat me on the pavement and we'll be just fine.

My sissyfriend Denise came for the weekend (to supervise, I suspect) and we sat in our jammies for hours and hours and gabbed our fool heads off. It was heavenly. The best part, though, was when she kinda sorta indicated that she might like to learn how to stitch, so within ten minutes of her departure I was plotting and planning and planning and plotting how to make her one of us. (I'm seeing lots of kitting of things and plans for another weekend in our future.) But Denise is the mom to my two goddaughters who are getting married in the next few months, so I might give her a break and wait until after the weddings.

Miss Emily has inspired me to add to my plant family, but I am nowhere near close to her prowess. My poor fern has bit the dust:

I thought re-potting it into a larger container would be helpful, but now I'm starting to think that was a huge mistake, and I really can't seem to figure out if it has too much water or not enough water.

Phooey.

I added a snake plant in the crackpot fireplace corner (which has become a plant stand/candle holder):

And finally figured out that my lack of success with succulents was a light issue:
That little gizmo is an LED light that plugs into my stitchy lamp USB port. The few little suckers in that big bowl are thriving now! Amazon is going to deliver a package of five more succulents to add to this today, so hopefully it will get nice and full.

Rich is still in New Jersey, but should be home on Thursday. I've missed him terribly, but will admit that the quiet has been good for my tiny little brain. I haven't done as well on the eating/exercising front as I had hoped, but he and I are turning a new leaf next week...we are both in dire need of a lifestyle change, so this seems to be as good a time as any to just get. it. done.

On the stitching front, I have dabbled here and there in not much of anything, but I'm all set to play with my Ehrman daisy today while finishing The Crown. I did get a lovely surprise from my sister, though, so I can bling up every project with impunity:

I don't know which one I love more! These are supposed to be floss rings, but I am using them as scissor bling:

I think I might even put one on my key ring or purse handle...anywhere I want to take her with me!

(My sister has a shop on the etsy called Siggy's Closet, by the way. That's where these lovely things come from.)

(I know, I know. Shameless plug.)

Now, Dearies...I need to thank you from the bottom of my heart. I look back over the last several years of this here blog and I absolutely cannot stand my stupid drama, but I am completely overwhelmed time and time again by the outpouring of love and support from you. This thing of ours is indescribably wonderful in its love and kindness and compassion and generosity. It has saved my life, kept me going in the darkest of tines, and made me want to be a better person, all the while being a constant recipient of the best it has to offer.

Thank you.

Thank you.

A thousand thank yous for your love and good thoughts and prayers. They sustain me, they inspire me, and they heal and comfort me beyond imagining. 

I'm off like a herd of turtles. My loins are girded, my rosy-colored glasses are polished and in place, and I've got my glitter wand and all of you in my pocket and am ready for action!

What's up in your corner of the world today?


1 comment:

  1. My name is Thomas White, from United states, i have been Herpes positive and it is just like been through hell; well special thanks to God almighty for using Dr Twaha, the greatest Herbal doctor in curing my herpes disease. I was diagnosed of this disease in the year 2004. Although I was taking my medications I was not myself. Until a few weeks ago. My friend came to me and told me that he saw many testimonies on how Dr. Twaha  cured people Herpes disease. Although I never believe in herbs, I said to myself "seeing is believing" I took his name and searched it on GOOGLE, I saw many testimonies myself. Quickly, I copied his email: drlregbeyen10000@gmail.com I emailed him, he gave me a form to fill which I did, then he sent me a message  and told me that he required some items in which he will use in preparing the cure for me and he told me that it will cost me some money which i sent to him because I need the cure urgent,  He bought the items and prepared a cure for me, then he sent the parcel to me through courier delivery service. I paid the courier services, I got my parcel, it was a bottle of ointment as described by Dr,Twaha After taking the ointment he told me to do, the herpes test and the result came out negative. Quickly I messaged him and told him what happened he congratulated me. I promised to tell the world about him. You can contact him with any problem  via email: ( drlregbeyen10000@gmail.com ) or contact him on WhatsApp +2349038518881 thank you Dr Twaha

    ReplyDelete