Mar 26, 2021

IN WHICH WE MEET ANOTHER KIDNEY ANGEL

So there I was, minding my business and tackling my to do list, when I came upon another Kidney Angel. A Kidney Angel is anybody who has watched over or helped me in any way during this little road trip (*) I've been on.

(Yup...like all of you.)

This one's name is Tamra, and she is the office manager of the Residence Inn in Indianapolis where I will be staying for a dry run on April 6th, and then again for a month after treatment. I am scheduled to visit with Dr Goggins and the transplant team in April and have a CT scan, so I figured it would be a good time to scope out the hotel and surroundings so I am fully prepared.

As I was explaining this to Tamra, she said "We've got you covered, Girl. About 3/4 of our guests are here for transplant or treatment at IU and our property manager's husband is a liver transplant recipient. This is your first kidney transplant...it's our 500th. The only thing you need to concentrate on is keeping that new fat juicy little kidney safe and sound and healthy, and let us do the rest."

Yes, Dearies. I burst into the ugly cry right there in the Happy Chair in front of the Chicken Sisters and everybody.

What a relief!

Now...on to the stitching portion of the program before Betty fires off another tirade about how she doesn't give a tinker's damn about my bleeping kidneys....just show her the stitching.

Oh, dear Betty.

Dear mean spiteful crazy Betty.

I played with Eliana and got quite a bit finished:

I hope to have quite a bit of time with her this weekend, since my to do list is empty. The laundry is done, folded, and put away and things are sufficiently tidy to keep me from futzing or stressing too much. I don't think the weather is going to cooperate with us for any golfing or outdoor fun, but I'll be perfectly happy to sit in my Happy Chair and stitch a few days away.

Thanks to some group texting with my friend Denise and goddaughters, I got approval of my wedding outfit for J's big day:

Those aren't the shoes for the ceremony....for that I will wear high heels. They should be here in a few days, and I expect to spend quite a bit of time in training so I don't tumble head first into the cake. Now, before you tell me that wearing black to a wedding is bad form...the bride's colors are black and cream with lots of greenery for accents. 

Besides, I got approval.

So that's the report for today. I am in the d-chair loaded with the newspapers for company and a new little blanket for company:

Happy Friday, Dearies! 

(*) Some might call it the Voyage of the Damned, but I like to think of it as the Griswold'd Fun Old Fashioned Family Vacation.

21 comments:

  1. Happy Friday Coni!! What a great boost and peace of mind with the Residence Inn staff. She is indeed an angel in disguise! Have a great weekend stitching!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending love and joy! A springtime of hope!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is indeed an angel in disguise! It is amazing how caring people are in all walks of life. They have you covered while you ae on that walk.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you are covered while at the Residence Inn, Coni. Eliana is looking good. Your dress is lovely for your Goddaughter's wedding. Enjoy your Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brides even wear black now. So no reason a guest can't wear black to a wedding now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your ensemble! And I wish I could give Tamra a big hug!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great spirit lifter with the nice Tamera at Residence Inn! So glad!! And Betty go to He$$, there are plenty more things to read, although I suspect you say negatives about everyone. I love your approved wedding clothes! And am so jealous you are so far on Eliana! One of these days I am going to start her!!! Have a super De dooper weekend! Looking forward to your progress pictures soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. One you finally meet her, please give Tamera a hug of gratitude
    from all of us. What a blessing to find her in the very spot you will need a caring heart. Angel elevated to sainthood. Eliana is superb. Love your wedding attire and suspect you will be the belle of the ball at your table.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a nice outfit.
    And what a heartwarming story about the Residence Inn. I had a few bad health scares this past year and you know what I learned? There are a lot of very very nice people in this world. I was literally brought to tears many times.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ok...I choked up...I’ll deny it later so don’t tell anyone. Tamra is a sweetheart and there doesn’t seem to be too many of those around.

    That said...ahem...Betty can go to other accts, youtubes, or whatever else makes her socks go up and down, floats her boat, bakes her muffin...but enough is enough. A Spinster needing TLC has no obligation to entertain a troll.

    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  11. Is your Go Fund me account still active?
    Ruth in Oxnard CA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Ruth!

      No, it was closed quite some time ago. I have been depositing any gifts I receive into a special account that I opened here that is connected to my PayPal account.

      Delete
    2. Do you have a link to the place where we can contribute?

      Delete
    3. Hi, Maggie!

      Gifts are being sent to my PayPal account: spinsterstitcher@aol.com and are also sometimes sent via mail : Coni J Rich 244 Toscana Blvd. Granger, IN 46530

      Delete
  12. Happy Friday, Coni! I love your wedding outfit. In 1977 I got married in a black print dress. It was my first and only wedding; I was 22 and a rebel. Bless your kidney angel.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Tumble head first into the cake. LOL You're going to look beautiful and have a wonderful time. I have a dress very similar to that one. Glad to know Tamra and all the good folks at the Residence Inn will be taking good care of you. That'll be one less thing to worry about.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a lovely lady to help you feel reassured. 3 cheers for Tamra. Poo to Betty! I think that dress is perfect with happy daisies for a happy wedding. Nice to see Eliana flowing again.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a lovely story about Tamra, she is truly an angel! I'm sure knowing that part is taken care of is a huge weight off your mind. I love your wedding outfit! Have you decided on a nail polish color? Such a fun event to look forward to. Your stitching is looking beautiful! Hope you have a relaxing stitchy weekend!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a perfect angel Tamra is! Such a relief for you to know you will be very well looked after. Hopefully you don't have too many more D-chair trials to cope with x

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your wedding outfit! And I am very glad to hear that you are in good hands at the Residence Inn :)

    ReplyDelete