Feb 20, 2021

SATURDAY



Well, Dearies...here we are on a sunny Saturday in Hoosierville. We're going to head over to the Grotto in  a minute for a short walk and some candle lighting, but I have a quick minute to say hello.

Hello.

Nothing to report from last night, unfortunately. I made it home from the d-chair, prepared dinner (Rich's pasta fagioli recipe) * tidied the kitchen, and went to bed. My crashes seem to be happening later in the afternoon on d days now, which is better than when I am actually in the chair, I suspect.

When we return from our little outing, I am going to get the laundry sploshing and the needle flying. I am determined to have a good case of Stitch Heiney before this day is done! I might even pull out the cardinal canvas and see if I can't add a few more stitches to it before getting back to the Mill Hill.

I had a question about my red nails, but for the life of me, I can't remember from whence it came. No...I am not getting them done in a salon anymore due to Covid. I paint/tend to them myself and try to keep them polished so that I don't chew my cuticles (a bad habit that I've never broken myself of). I try to do them once a week or so, but will immediately fix any chips or snags because I'm compulsive that way. February's color is OPI red with Sally Hansen MegaShine top coat. The only other thing I do religiously is rub GoldBond Healing Hand Cream with a few drops of CND Solar Oil in it into my hands and fingertips every night before bed.

I have big hands and usually think of them as meathooks, but they work and know how to use a needle, so for that I am very very thankful!


So now that I've bored you into oblivion, my work here is done. I hope your weekend is swell, and that you can do all the things with great joy. Come tell me all about it!


* Rich's pasta fagioli...or as he calls it "Cheech and macaroni"

Sautee carrots, celery, and onion for a few minutes in olive oil until softened. Add garlic and sautee about another minute or so. Add broth (chicken or vegetable), canned tomatoes (we used San Marzano), salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes, and bring to a boil. Add macaroni (we used elbows) and cook until al dente (about seven minutes in our case). When the pasta is cooked, lower to a simmer and add canned cannolini/cici beans and heat through.

We ate this with buttered artisan bread, but Rich said his family used to eat it with "Italian fried bread", which is a good crustry bread dipped in egg wash and fried in olive oil with a little salt and pepper.


7 comments:

  1. My hands are large for a 5' 2" lady. I have worn long polished nails for years which brings even more attention to them, LOL! But, as you say they work and work hard they do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pasta dish sounds delish! Will make it soon. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you are in for a lovely day! My stitching guild had a stitching day today. Masks and 6 feet apart of course. It was lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooo!! Thanks for the recipe! I'm always envious of beautiful hands and nails. I inherited short digit, broad palms and FLAT round baby nails. Nothing pretty and oval. Besides being a piano player I keep them VERY short - no extra percussion needed. Your hands are just lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nails look great. I don't think you have big hands, your fingers are long so looks well placed. Sadly although I have the nail kit and dryer, I never really get to use it much as my hands are always in water or mud or both (still raining - building an ark now) so it peels off in a couple of days, plus I keep them trimmed short. But I did manage a couple of sessions last year. And then I gaze at the pretty colours!
    Take care xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't seen that recipe before. I use kidney beans and drop them in early on ( the mushier the better). I also use V-8 reduced sodium juice instead of the tomato sauce. Tomatoes depends if they are in the house or not. I also use finely cut up hamburger (already cooked and well drained). Works well for us, especially me since I don't do well with lots of tomato acid. I tend to cook a huge batch in the crock pot then have some to freeze and heat up later. Your project looks spot on for the upcoming weeks. Not sure any of this snpw will ever melt.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your nails look good. I am compulsive about keeping them smooth and snag free.

    ReplyDelete