Feb 20, 2021

DATE NIGHT

Boy...did my day turn on a dime quickly!

One minute I was sitting in the Happy Chair getting ready to start a new project:

(This is Winter by The Cricket Collection, and I'm stitching it on a lovely piece of 28ct Helix Lugana from Picture This Plus and a conversion to Colour & Cotton that I did at the kitchen table).

And then...the phone rang. It was the WalMarts, telling me that they had an extra Covid vaccine if I wanted it! I had added my name to the waiting list on Thursday when I took Magoo, and apparently the pharmacist remembered that I am a dialysis patient (like her very own mom), so I lucked out.


On the way home, we stopped at the Grotto. Earlier, we decided to go tomorrow instead of today, because I apparently looked really comfy in my jammies and Magoo didn't want to disturb me.


Then, it was a quick trip through the car wash, and then into the eighty-six mile line at the RaisingCain's for chicken fingers and cole slaw:


Some Date Night, huh?

I'm actually very happy that we got all of this done today, since I'm betting I might not feel particularly well tomorrow, based on reactions I've heard about others who have been vaccinated. I got the Moderna version, and even though the effectiveness will only be about 40% (because I am on immunosuppressants) getting this was not optional. 

So you might not hear from me tomorrow, Dearies. Rest assured that I will take care and behave myself!

 

21 comments:

  1. I'm so happy to hear that you got the vaccine- wonderful news!! I hope that maybe you won't have any ill effects from the shot and just sail through feeling good! I love that winter pattern- that will be so pretty. Hope you have a relaxing stitchy Sunday. Take care.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You really know how to party like it’s 2021! (typo in 1st try)

    ReplyDelete
  4. First vaccine! I'm SO happy for you! I hope you don't have the residual effects we worry about. Fingers crossed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Take care and this makes me so happy. Be safe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad you were able to get your vaccine. Yay for you. My mom got hers and only experienced a little light headedness. She'll get her 2nd dose on Wed. The line at Raising Cain's looked like ours tonight when we went to get our dinner from a local restaurant. Thank God for drive-thru's though. Hope you're doing well and not experiencing too many after effects from your shot. Stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's the second one that will kick you in the butt. I think you will be okay tomorrow. (fingers crossed)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And if someone has a bad reaction to the first one (DH had a fever for 24 hours from the first while I had no reaction at all), is he going to be even worse next time around?

      Delete
  8. Congratulations on getting shot #1! If anyone deserves to get the shot in a timely fashion, it is folks getting dialysis. I hear people have a little reaction the first shot and more of a reaction the 2nd shot but that means your immune system is doing it's job and the reactions pass in 24 to 36 hours. Take care of you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on getting your first COVID vaccination!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well done, Coni! All the places I have heard giving the vaccines have a zero waste policy so they will call people on the wait list if people don't show up for their scheduled slots.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Coni, so glad you were able to get your first! You really did luck out! With my first I only had a sore arm. Got the second one Friday, and have the sore arm and felt achy, tired, and like I had the flu yesterday. But today I’m fine. So, with the second just plan for 24-36 hours of not feeling so great. But, at least that means it’s working!
    Seeing the line at the Cain’s made me want some. It’s so good! We don’t have one, so can’t eat there often! Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  12. My friend's husband is on dialysis and they did not do shots either. My 95 yo mother's doctor called me, when they heard that she had hers, they offered to me. Yes, I took it. Told my friend that they had called me, she called them and he gets his on Monday. She was so worried so this really gave her some peace. I got the pfizer, and felt icky the next day. Good to see you went yesterday, it's snowing here in Iowa AGAIN. I am so tired of it. Take care, Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am so glad you got the first shot! Pamper yourself a bit, and hopefully you will not have any issues!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Take care please!! Hope you recover quickly and are back in your stitching chair soon.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Glad you were able to get your vaccine! And I hope you aren't feeling too poorly.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am so happy that you got the vaccine!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Praying the vaccine protects you and that you have no untoward
    reaction to either shot. You look so cute in your spiffy mask

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is excellent information. I got some new ideas. Thank you for your post.

    date night

    ReplyDelete