Feb 6, 2021

HOLD MY BEER (OR IN MY CASE, SINCE I DON'T DRINK BEER...HOLD MY DAMN GOOD)

See what I did there, Dearies? 

I turned lemons into lemonade...all in the space of a lovely Saturday. What would have been an unmitigated failure to me months ago turned into a HAPPY DANCE of wobbly bit proportions.

With HUGE apologies to Miss Paulette at Plum Street, I futzed with the design quite a bit, swapped out the called for floss with Colour & Cotton, and I made Hello Winter my own.

Then...because I was feeling extra extra cocky, I found a piece of foam board, cut it, and before I knew what hit me, I laced the piece properly according to the way my sister taught me a billion years ago.

I held my breath as I fished through the cube room studio, and lo and behold...a frame!


To say I'm thrilled doesn't even begin to adequately capture my mood tonight as I put my head on my pillow in the big girl sleigh bed.

I am quite happy.

Indeed.
 

35 comments:

  1. I'm sure Miss Paulette won't mind a bit. In fact, I bet she applauds your ingenuity!! Great finish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to make lemonade out of lemons! Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually like your piece better than the original design, no offense to Paulette!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely batch of lemonade you made! It's perfectly framed and now uniquely yours! Well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done! The design looks like it was always meant to be exactly that size.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful Finish! You are motivating this quilter to try stiching!

    ReplyDelete
  7. If the measure of a chef is his ability to improvise, you are a master!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are so stinking cleaver! I am glad that you make it work and I am sure Paulette approves!

    ReplyDelete
  9. As well you should be. It looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It looks fabulous, Coni! Well done on turning the lemons into lemonade!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well done on making it fit and it's really lovely. And framed. Good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Outstanding! If anyone asks, tell them you planned it that way from the start. Your secret is safe with USA,

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the changes you made, and it turned out beautifully! And you even finished it right away- that's impressive! It looks great on your table! Hope you're having a relaxing Sunday!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete

  15. wow, you made lemonade out of lemons and it looks great. Very impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like yours better than the original! Well done you!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Well done - it looks great!

    Susan from Canada

    ReplyDelete
  18. Have been seeing your amazing God given talent as an eloquent writer for years. Now seeing your amazing God given talent as a cross stitch designer! You have a true sense of color and eye for both detail and the "big picture". The shape, position and color shading on the flowers complement the cardinal perfectly! Well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Awesome recovery! I'd probably have tossed the whole lot in a bag in the bottom back of the closet. And to have a right sized frame on hand - wow and WooHoo!

    ReplyDelete
  20. A tour de force? Not only a great save, but a fabulous finish
    to remind you of your gift of tenacity. You amaze...

    ReplyDelete
  21. I actually like you design better :-)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love, love the way you finished this one! Great work, Coni!

    ReplyDelete
  23. That is gorgeous!!!!! You did a fantastic and creative job turning a “problem” into a wonderful work of art!!!

    ReplyDelete