Jan 5, 2021

A BIT OF THE TUESDAY UGHS...


Well, that didn't go exactly as planned.

I made it through treatment yesterday...but barely. My stupid blood pressure dropped and I made it home and into the big girl sleigh bed, where I stayed for fifteen hours.

(But you know me...now I'm going to tell you the bright side because I'm Polly Sunshine Rainbows and Unicorns and am always looking for the glittery silver lining.) (*)

 (She says somewhat cheekily.)

My weight was 109kg on the scale this morning.

Before you all come running with cheeseburgers and good advice, I promise you that the two are not related. I am eating well, watching my portions, and drinking the appropriate amount of water. The blood pressure thing will get resolved by finding the sweet spot of meds and amount of fluid to pull with the machine, I promise.

If it doesn't, I'm going to start hollering and make a general pest of myself until it does.

(But sweetly, and with a lot of pleases and thank yous, because my mother raised me well.)

(At least that's the way it plays out in my head anyway.)

OK. Time for my second cup of damn good and then a nice long day of doing nothing. I made a little more progress on my Mill Hill kit, but not much:


Here's to a Terrific Tuesday for one and all! Do something fun and come tell me all about it!

(*) You do realize that I do that on purpose, right? Always follow bad news with good? It's because I'm terrified, sad, miserable, and tired of being terrified, sad, miserable, and tired and nobody likes THAT girl. My obsessive need to be liked forces me to use the phrase "but the good news is" at least a dozen and a half times a day.

(Well, that, and the fact that deep down I really AM convinced that everything will eventually be all about rainbows, unicorns, and glitter.)



15 comments:

  1. Glad that you are OK and congrats on the weight. You my friend and an inspiration to us all. Enjoy your stitching time today and make plans for what to do in the d-chair tomorrow.

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goodness, you made it safely to the big girl bed despite the
    glitch; brava to you. Can understand those moments of terrified, sad and miserable (you manage large concerns) but you always pull out of it with grace and determination. Hopefully a balance can be found for the BP during treatment.
    Enjoy your day of renewal with stitching and ease.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that Mill Hill Kit. I may have to purchase it, for a friend, cough, cough.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now Coni... "not do anything" is not true. You are being the absolute best of being Coni that you can and you are doing the needlework and those are both somethings! I can feel that kidney coming.... I thought it would happen over New Years. Big New Years Hugs... safely distancing of course. Ruth in oxnard CA>

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello! You inspired me to dig into all of my many kits to find a Mill Hill kit that I purchased in 2007 and am having such fun with it! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Coni, I almost never comment here but today I think that a reminder is appropriate: you are a VERY bright point in my day (or, to be more precise, my night: I read your post just before going to bed every night). So glitter and rainbows and unicorns it is, because I see them also-a fellow PollyAnna sends her love. (I am 54 and if you asked I would tell you that my all time favorite book is Pollyanna in Christmas-can you see why?!!). Love!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think you are amazing...
    and so real. Thank you for sharing you joys and sadness
    with us : )
    It's silly I know but I care for you even though we won't meet this side of heaven.
    I'm praying for you and that kidney that is coming

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're inspiring. You're just like the rest of us, a mixed bag, and yet not like all of us, you keep coming up for air. Your wit and humility are uplifting.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh sheesh! Not fun, but you got through it, so let the unicorns come out and spread their glitter for you. Rest sounds a good thing.
    Here radar said "heavy snow" so I ran to the window . . . and rain! Happy, happy Wednesday to you! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm glad you recovered. Again. A while back you mentioned home dialysis. Is this still a possibility, or with your BP thing, and being so near the top of the transplant list, is it off the table?

    I wish I had your way with words to put a positive spin on so many things that go wrong!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I gave up my spot on the list because transplant is so close, and I didn't think it fair to tie up the home staff training me when they could be training someone for whom transplant isn't an option.

      Delete
    2. That was so very kind of you! Take care

      Delete