Nov 11, 2020

FIDDLESTICKS...

Hello, and Happy Futzingday to one and all!

Buzzy and I are here in the d-chair doing our thing on a cool and cloudy day here in Hoosierville. We had quite a drop in temps from the 70's to the 40's and a good old fashioned thunderstorm to go with it last night, but I am delighted that Fall (and big girl sweatshirt) weather is finally upon us.

I was decidedly "off" yesterday and did a whole lot of nothing. I wish I could tell you that it was one thing or another, but I just had a real good case of the ughs that moved me from bed to chair and back again. Oh well...I'll just chalk it up to one of those days and get on with it.

In the stitching department, I fished out a canvas and put about six stitches into it before returning it to the cube room studio. I don't know what has gotten into me lately, but I have been hankering for canvaswork in tent stitch.

I do love this canvas, and forgot how lovely some of the Needlepoint silks and specialty threads can be. The size of it, though, was a problem for me to hold on its big stretcher bars, but I'm not sure if I want to try stitching in hand on something this big.

An Ehrman kit is waiting for me when I get home this afternoon, and I might try to play with it a bit to see if the itch is still there. Thank you for all of the comments, suggestions, and warnings...they were all very very helpful!

Tomorrow will be thirty three years since Mom has been gone, and Saturday will be four since losing Stewey. I'm sure that this is what is affecting my mood, so I might just go quiet for a few days and think about them and get my head in a better place. I have too much to do and too many blessings to count to be blue.

Time for puzzles and a nap, I think. My poor tech is limping on a bad knee today and I keep wanting to tell her to sit and rest, but alas, she is having to run to and fro taking care of us. What would we do without these amazing people?

Speaking of...thank you and God's blessings on every veteran and every veteran's family today! 
(This is the eastern entrance of the Basilica of the Sacred Heart on the campus of Notre Dame that memorializes the members of the Notre Dame family who fought in WWI.)



5 comments:

  1. The enui will pass with time and diversion. Given the climate of the times, it is no wonder incentives have been diminished.
    I think we all have been quite stable given the instability of
    what comes next in our world....and you have been a source of humor and get back on track thinking for so many. Once the weekend is past-(and YOU WILL meet its challenge) may you feel on the move again and ready to again lick the demons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The blahs are from the change in barometric pressure, I sure. That is where we put the blame here in Wyoming. Either that or if you don't like the weather, wait 30 minutes 'cause it will change. You have and are such a good spirit that you won't be in the dole-drums for long!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a big fan of scroll bars for large needlepoint canvases! That canvas is a beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Take all the time you need. I am thinking of you and sending extra good vibes this time of year to you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty Paisley piece. As for the mood swings "this too shall pass" is a great phrase. But big hugs anyway.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete