Nov 9, 2020

MONDAY


Hello, Dearies!

I feel like I've been rushing about like the proverbial 300-pound hummingbird lately. Even my dreams seem to be filled with nonsense and a feeling of hurryhurry rushrush!

Today, though, I am just going to slow down a bit and catch a breath or two. The weather is quite conducive to a nice leisurely walk in the sunshine, and I might take a page from JB Magoo's book and enjoy a long sit on the balcony and take in the evening air.

We ordered in last night from a local Italian restaurant called Papa Vino's and had a delicious dinner! JB ordered mussels arribiata and said they were quite good, and I had a very excellent chopped chicken and pasta salad. I was supposed to cook, but didn't, and boy o boy am I glad it worked out that way!

Tonight, though, I have to get my act together and organize the fridge and get some things prepared: pork cutlets for JB and vegetable soup for moi!

I'm sorry that I have no stitching progress to report. I managed a few hours on Friday night, but didn't touch my piece at all for the rest of the weekend. Saturday was the Notre Dame game and last night I did my nails and it was time for bed before I knew it! Tonight, though, for sure.

Thank you for all of your love and support and cheering! It has really helped me stop and appreciate what a happy place I'm in and how much I want to savor every bit of this wonderful life of mine! I started a book last night called "The Midnight Library" and the character is in a very bad/sad place in the beginning. I remember all too well how it felt to be flat on my back and at the very end of my strength to get up again, and I never want to go back to that...darkness.

OK...time to get on with it and get through treatment. I'm feeling a bit rough already, but we're trying to do most of the hard work at the beginning so I don't crash at the end. The end result on 112 or lower, though, is completely and totally worth it!

I hope your week is off to a lovely start! Come tell me all about your plans and hopes and dreams for it!

7 comments:

  1. I hope you were able to get some relaxation time in today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope all went well after the initial treatment and that you recovered nicely afterwards. Sounds like a very nice day with a leisurely stroll and chilling out on the balcony.
    Here not a lot happened as rain stopped play, I did go through some of my sewing room cupboards and shelves (was looking for something that I'd put away safely but it is too safe even for me to remember where) and had to put everything back a little better than is was!
    Today is dry but cloudy. I'll be doing the cleaning chores indoors and then outdoors with the birds. But at least it'll be a job sorted for a short while. The kitties had their ops on Friday - I have two needy boys that think I'll be either starving them or sending them away. But it is getting better as they settle down again. At the moment one is talking to a bit of woolly fluff from a throw on the sofa. I feel I have an equally dopey kindred spirit! LOL!
    Have a great day today. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Spent a bit of time outside and some time in my stitching spot. I hope your Monday was a good one, Coni. Not familiar with the book you mentioned so will add it to my list. Have a good Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad for your wending your way through the weekend and afterward. Just keep going!
    I'm elated that my baby brother (age 72) made it fine through emergency surgery and 3 units of blood and may get to go home today. He was just minding his own business when he managed to tear an artery (which was already in a weakish state after a heart cath), but his dear wife and the emergency teams did the right things. Now I can concentrate on getting small stuff out of the way for the carpet cleaner guys. Oh boy. But there's much to be grateful for. I mean, we do have a house with non-dirt floors....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yikes! What a terrible thing to go through! I hope everything and everyone are back to normal now!

      Delete
  5. So glad you are on target. The goal is within sight. Hang tight and stick with it.
    You have come to far to backslide now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved The Midnight Library. I listened to it as an audiobook. Starts sad but gets very interesting and uplifting. Just right for you at the moment, I think.

    ReplyDelete