Jun 18, 2020

DANG IT

I had one thing to do today.

A video chat with Dr Melfi at 1:00.

But the video chat wasn't at 1:00. It was at 10:00. And guess who was snoring in the big girl sleigh bed at 10:00 because she wrote 1:00 in her calendar and didn't realize the mistake until Dr Melfi sent a lovely note asking if  was OK or if I had finally dropped the basket entirely.

Oey.

My new sippy cup sleeve and the description of such was confusing, apparently. When I lived at Chez Spinster, I used large big mouth mason jars fot drinking glasses. I have no idea why I did this, other than the fact that I spied them at the Rural King during one of our excursions there, and it seemed like a good idea at the time.

Now, though, it turns out that these are the perfect sippy cups for me because they have measurements on the side and I can monitor my ounces better for dialysis.

(I am supposed to limit my fluid intake to no more than 32oz, plus whatever I naturally eliminate.)

Oh...sorry. TMI.

The jars are 32oz, so I am able to fill one up and then sip it throughout the day (plus more or less depending on...you know...and they are glass and able to get sterilized in the dishwasher without getting funny tastes or smells in them.

But...as I mentioned yesterday, the condensation was a problem, as was the fact that they are no insulated. And finding a sleeve to fit them was difficult since they are large and square.

But thanks to the amazons...viola' :

The sleeve does go all the way to the tippy top, so at first I thought I would have to use a straw, but it turns out you can roll it down a bit and drink directly from the glass without a problem.

Today will be a stitchy day for me, and I think I will play with Hoity Toity a bit more. I put her back in her sleeping bag to watch The Last Jedi with Magoo last night, but the little bit I did complete was very enjoyable.

Happy Thursday, Dearies! I hope your neck of the world is wonderful today and that your skirts are blowing up with fun. Come tell me all about it!

3 comments:

  1. Oops! I don't believe you are alone there!
    I think having more than one project on the go helps to relieve boredom with the same thing - but not too many!
    Here we have persistent heavy rain for the second day in a row. I'm beginning to think that the veg plants that I got in the other day will have washed away!
    Take care and very interesting regarding the drink jar. What a good idea for regulating yourself.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the additional information about the cover for the mason drink jar, Coni! Have a good Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I prefer using mason jars for glasses also. Drinking my damn good out of one speak/type/read...? :)

    ReplyDelete