Apr 21, 2020

WHAT DAY IS IT?

I know I am not alone in this feeling, but I have absolutely no idea what day of the week it is. Forget about the day of the month....that went by the wayside a while ago. My poor planner has gathered dust, my little weekly routines have completely fallen apart, and I'm lucky if I can remember to don shoes and socks before leaving CS2 for the d-chair.

But....

Isn't this the exact time that we all yearn for? Minus the virus, of course. But unlimited time to sit and just be still is good for us, right? My prayer is that we will all emerge kinder, quieter, smarter, and more comfortable in our own skin.

One of the things that bonds us all in this thing of ours is our happiness to spend time in our own company, I think. Yes, there are retreats and gatherings and guilds and whatnot, but for the most part, stitchers are perfectly happy to sit with themselves and a project for hours in solitude.

Right?

Or is it just me?

(But there is always the contradiction. Rich and I were talking about what constitutes a dream house, and my reply was...a good kitchen, a nice tub to have a soak, a fireplace, and enough bedrooms that everybody could come for holidays. A full house of family has always been my wish, so how I ended up a spinster in a one-bedroom is completely beyond me.)

OK. Enough navel gazing. There is laundry to do, paperwork and bills to shuffle about, and stitching to be enjoyed for the day. The sun is shining here, even if it's a bit windy and cool, but I think Spring is peeping her head out a bit.

Happy Tuesday, Dearies!

6 comments:

  1. I know what day it is and the date because I'm currently keeping a food and hydration journal. I'm working with my daughter as her test client for her new nutrition side business. Otherwise, I would have a really hard time with it. Now I just sometimes forget when I wake up what day it is. Unfortunately, I've had a hard time remembering the day since I retired and only work two days a week for pin money. I'm okay with this though. I have a calendar I consult every morning to see if there's something I need to do. Right now, I just laugh and laugh most days. My calendar is pretty clear for the next few months.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree about the,pleasantness of sitting quietly and stitching. I always feel better after a stitchy session. But I also enjoy guild meetings when we were able to have them. I guess I should say that the stitching life is for me. As long as can have several assorted books next to my chair.
    Stay safe and stitch on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was the big discussion yesterday - yep it is Tuesday! The only way I keep track of the numbers is because I write the date on the eggs. A day of no eggs puts me off kilter! LOL!
    And it is good to dream - dreams can come true if you want them enough. Keep the nice house as a future plan. We have our dream place - it still needs a pinch sometimes to check it is real, and it was when I was 60! Yes, pretty old to take this on, but then there would always be the regret that we never tried. Not saying go for a farm! But a nice house with a garden is something to aim for . . . with a nice sewing room! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. If it weren't for my computer, I might be in the What Date is it Camp, but my computer tells me every so intrusively what date it is, what time it is, and my email kindly (not so much) tells what what day of the week it is. Since I retired checking my computer is how I figure out when in the world I am.


    ReplyDelete
  5. While I enjoy retreats and gatherings, I do like the aloneness with my stitching. The computer along with the wall calendar remind me of the day and date. And Coni, I am with you on your statement about "My prayer is that we will all emerge kinder, quieter, smarter, and more comfortable in our own skin.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am in the same boat as you. No idea what day or month and usually lose track of the time too. Haha! This staying home business isn't bothering me in the least.

    ReplyDelete