Apr 20, 2020

I SHOULD HAVE HAD THE DAMN CHEESESTEAK

Well, here we are on another Monday morning in the d-chair, Dearies.  I apologize for my absence yesterday, but I was sickety sick sick. JB Magoo ordered a box of cheesesteaks from Tony Luc's, and our plan was to eat them for a Saturday night treat.

But noooooo.

I had to be an idiot an opt for Chinese food instead.

I've been craving it so much, but JB Magoo does. not. like. Chinese. food. at. all.  So I decided that he could eat his cheesesteaks, and I would do the ubereats thing and splurge a bit. Unfortunately, the food came from a restaurant that was not known to me, and I ordered a dish I had never had before, so it disagreed with me.

That'll teach me.

So my yesterday was spent mostly in the big girl sleigh bed, and then finally in the evening I was able to enjoy some TeeVee watching and stitching:
I can't wait to get home and back to this lovely. I never realized how much I would miss stitching here in the d-chair, but at least it gives me something to look forward to this afternoon, right?

Here's hoping that your week is off to a wonderful start and that you are safe and well with those you love. I get a kick out of people asking me if staying inside bothers me. I usually answer with "I'm an agoraphibic hermit spinster who is terrified of germs anyway. So, no. I'm good with staying in."

I do wish it was under different circumstances, though, and that nobody had to be on the front lines of this thing.

Happy Monday! Do something fun and come tell me all about it!

7 comments:

  1. Sorry yesterday was a loss with feeling badly, hope you're better today and your chair time goes smoothly. Your stitching is looking great, such pretty colors! No big plans for today, the news continues to be overwhelming so I'm focusing on some fun stitching projects and making a pan of brownies. Hope you have a relaxing evening and enjoy your stitching!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have to be wary of unproven take out sources...Hope you are
    feeling better. With the phase one of restoration in the offing, I called the salon for a haircut appointment (May)and am for awaiting a call back from the manicure salon for a possible slot. All quite tentative, but I feel better getting back to opening the planner. Who decided that these services are non-essential? Certainly not at this stage of postponement. My babushka wardrobe has expanded....Have a
    good day and return to your great stitchery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you are feeling better today, Coni. As far as the whole staying in thing, I'm with you. Since I'm a true introvert, I've been loving it. Added bonus: gives me LOTS of crafty time! I do have to say though, that you know you are in strange times when you get SUPER EXCITED.....about a trip to the bank! It was actually really exciting because I got to go INSIDE the bank. (Had to access my safety deposit box. Had to make an appointment to do it, but it was worth it.) Hope the rest of your day is swell!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read agoraphobic hamster! LOL! You furry little hermit! I guess with the Chinese meal in your cheeks! Well I had to read it again didn't I, and yes my eyes deceived me!
    It has been a long time since we had a Chinese meal - we found they were getting so much more salty - not good if you are on blood pressure tablets - and we were drinking lots of water in the middle of the night! So any stir fry meals are done at home now. It's easy enough and I use less fat and "fry" in water instead. Same with Indian meals - we do our own curries.
    Here I'm happy to report another couple of pounds gone in weight. My derriere muscles were complaining the other day, but not any more. Still lots of veg beds to do, but I've nearly finished planting the potatoes. All the other veg is complaining that they want out now, but will have to wait their turn!
    We now get naughty wild bunnies in the garden and Shrek the grumpy pheasant has now gone (buzzard) and Pretty Boy Floyd has moved in - he has quite the harem! And he talks while he's eating - so funny, sounds like "ooh ooh oooh ooh ooooh!"
    Glad you are feeling better - upset tums are soooo unpleasant to deal with. Take care xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to hear you are feeling better! Baked Alaska is so very pretty! Hope the sun is out where you are today :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Coni, go with the Cheesesteak next time. Baked Alaska is looking good! Love the blues!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad you got over the Internal Rebellion soonish. I'd hate to suffer because of Chinese food. It would be like having a baby -- you forget the pain and then go ahead and do it again. My big surprise for today was being able to do ALL the machines at Curves (they're letting us back in on a limited basis); keeping up with the shoulder exercises is paying off! Knowing it's getting better will help me with the pain and boredom of the exercises. :( :)

    ReplyDelete