Apr 15, 2020

IN WHICH WE HAVE A LOVELY BIRTHDAY

Buzzy and I are in the d-chair doing our thing, and I am very happy to report he is behaving quite nicely. I got the bright idea to rub CBD oil on him last night because he was so terribly bruised and sore, and today the needles went in without any pain at all.

Go figure.

(I honestly don't know if the stuff works or not, but if it keeps me from passing out from the pain of getting hooked up....I'm all in.)

Thank you for all of your birthday wishes! I had such a lovely day, starting with flowers, a card, a wonderful quiche and fruit salad for breakfast, lots of stitching, and a lasagne dinner with chocolate cake to top it all off. The day was quiet, peaceful, healthy, and happy, and I felt very very loved.

I gathered and organized and futzed and putzed with three projects:
Plum Pudding needs her beads, but now they are all gathered and ready to go, as opposed to scattered hither and yon and under the Happy Chair cushions.

 Hoity Toity continues to delight, but once I received the next beauty, I couldn't resist:

Baked Alaska!!  Oh, Dearies, I wish I could tell you how much this makes my heart sing! And I am sending a thousand kisses to the Stitchy Angel who gifted it....thank you again, dear friend!

I did make a fair amount of progress on her while watching Captain America and The Avengers, but alas, I forgot to take a photo. I started in the middle and worked three sections of the lower right quadrant, and am just itching to get home today and continue!

On a whim, I also re-hung my gallery wall with stitching more appropriate for Spring, but I forgot to take a photo of that too. Suffice it to say, there was a lot of strategizing as to how to cover holes and whatnot, so methinks I will be re-painting sooner rather than later!

It's snowing here in Hoosierville today....a lovely white dusting on all of the trees. I don't think it will last very long, but it sure is pretty to view while daydreaming here in the d-chair!

Happy Futzingday! I hope you are warm and safe and well and that, if you celebrated a birthday with me yesterday, it was perfectly wonderful. Fifty-four was a significant one for me, since that is the age my dear mom was when she passed away, so thank you for distracting me with so much happiness and love!


13 comments:

  1. So glad that you had a happy birthday! That Baked Alaska is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy you are in a happy place today...D Seat and all....
    and what a great discovery about the CBD oil.... Your Birthday observance sounds delightful, especially the LOVE
    and chocolate cake. You are dealing with 3 masterpieces in your choice of stitchery projects...looking forward to their
    completion, oh artistic one. Take care and keep that happiness flowing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad that your birthday was wonderful and that the CBD oil worked to soothe Buzzy's feelings. Your stitching projects are nothing less than gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm late to the party but Happy Birthday! You get to celebrate all month....at least that is what I do. So happy for you that the CBD oil worked. Have a good day. Patty McDonald

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done soothing Buzzy. So happy you had a wonderful time and that the gorgeous stitchings that took place. Baked Alaska! How super and what a generous friend. Not a secret Santa, more secret Easter Bunny! Great news indeed! 💃

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy, Happy Birthday Spinster Stitcher!! May you have many, many more! Just a side note, please know that you are such an inspiration! Your persistence through your health issues, your happiness and humor and you never ending love for Stewey keep me smiling. And your needlework...omg it is all beautiful and I love all of it. You inspire me, not only with your stitching but your positive outlook always. Be well and I'll look forward to tomorrows post. <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Coni, it sounded like you had a swell birthday. Isn't Baked Alaska charming in all its blues? Looking forward to seeing your progress on it along with the new layout of the gallery wall!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great choice for your new Glendon Place! Looking forward to following your progress on it :) CBD is good stuff. Keep on using it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday my friend. Though late, it's from the heart. All your beautiful stitching. It's gorgeous, and I believe all of us stitchers knows that feeling of just having to start another new one. Especially when it's an unexpected surprise. Very cool. You have a great week. I have to say before I go.....You always lift me up. Thank you for being you.

    ReplyDelete