Feb 7, 2020

TGIFF

Remember how I told you Dearies that I have never been one to say TGIF?

Well, after the week we've had here in Hoosierville, I have not only said it....I'm seriously thinking about writing it across my forehead with one of my new coloring markers.

Suffice it to say, Dearies, your portly spinster is just about as wrung out as a portly spinster can be. It's been a week of high highs and low lows and I have had to find my big girl britches and put them on and they are too small for me and they are pinching my heiney in places I didn't even know I had and I just want to get a fuzzy blanket and a cup of damn good and crawl into my Happy Chair with my entire stash of needlework and coloring books and stay there until April.

Oey.

But in the spirit of "this too shall pass, even if it passes like a kidney stone", I promise you that I will survive with my cockeyed optimism and humor in tact.

(I got a lovely comment that said this here blog is refreshing because it's not all about me living a perfect life with perfect pictures, etc. All I have to say to that is...well, thank you. If you ever do see a perfect life with perfect pictures on this here blog, please contact somebody, because it means I have been captured by aliens and they are sending you subliminal messages.)

(My perfect life, by the way, is actually the one I'm living, minus dust bunnies and poor dietary choices.)

(Oh, and if I could be Ina Garten, that would be pretty swell too.)

Buzzy and I are here doing our thing and then it's home to a quiet weekend, I sincerely hope and pray. I am determined to stitch today, since I did so yesterday and remembered how much it smooths out the edges.

Happy Friday, Dearies! I hope your week has been trouble free and that you are headed into the weekend with plans of fun and frolic.  Come tell me all about it!


10 comments:

  1. Hope you have a wonderful weekend Coni with all ups and no downs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you about hunkering down and finding joy in the small things we do and enjoy. I hope everyone has a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Trouble free followed by fun and frolic only happened in the 50's-60's sitcoms we were brain washed with,Coni. Life is a big roller coaster ride! Let's enjoy it any which way we can!!!! 😜🙃😀

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a peaceful weekend, Coni. I have been drastically reducing sugars and carbs since Nov. 1 to haul my chubby self back from the brink of diabetes. I did manage to lose 15 lbs. (all before Christmas), but no weight loss since Christmas in spite of remaining with the diet. Very frustrating!!! I had my bloodwork done on Monday and was heartened to find out that the numbers that needed to drop, DID indeed drop. Now . . . the job will be to continue to make the healthier (albeit GROSS) choices I've made to lose a few pounds. My dreams are filled with beautiful soft, white, fluffy clouds that turn into potatoes, white rice, and white bread. THEY MOCK ME. Sigh . . . let's forget the "self flagellation" and move forward making better choices MOST OF THE TIME (with a poor choice thrown in now and then for our "inner rebel"). - Marcia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some of the "deprivation" seems radical in any sphere of endeavor... Save pockets of modified joy...just enough for the "ah" of appreciation and go on from there... Too often the "deprivation" without a break makes it torture and not a
    step toward self realization. Have a good weekend, Coni, enjoying what give you an "ah" and stay away from the "oy veys"....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope all goes well in the d-chair and Buzzy behaves. Happy sewing xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you have a nice quiet peaceful weekend full of wonderful stitching. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your sense of humor. You crack me up. Remember, we can't appreciate the highs without the lows.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Did you hear there is a 12 word phrase you can speak to your partner... that will induce deep feelings of love and instinctual attraction to you deep inside his heart?

    Because deep inside these 12 words is a "secret signal" that fuels a man's instinct to love, adore and guard you with his entire heart...

    12 Words Who Trigger A Man's Desire Response

    This instinct is so hardwired into a man's brain that it will make him work harder than before to to be the best lover he can be.

    Matter of fact, fueling this mighty instinct is absolutely essential to getting the best ever relationship with your man that the instance you send your man a "Secret Signal"...

    ...You'll soon notice him open his mind and soul to you in a way he haven't experienced before and he will perceive you as the one and only woman in the galaxy who has ever truly tempted him.

    ReplyDelete