Feb 8, 2020

SATURDAY SPINSTER BLISS


What is it about this Saturday Spinster Coffee Abed that makes the world such a better place? I swear, on days during the week when I am convinced that I simply cannot take one minute more, I think about this silly little ritual and get through whatever is biting me on the rumpus.

Do you suppose that it's because it's so self-indulgent? Or maybe it's because it's quiet and includes so many things that I love...damn good, a morning paper, a nice view, and Stewey in his little box supervising from the nightstand.

If I start to stitch or color on Saturday mornings here I just might never leave the big girl sleigh bed at all!

Absolutely nothing at all to report, Dearies. My weight was up slightly yesterday when I came off treatment, so we decided to just chalk it up to wearing heavy boots and more layers than usual and move on. Not a setback at all....just a little diversion.

But we're back on track and looking forward to eating well, resting, and enjoying the weekend. JB will do his thing with all the sports and I will sit with needle and thread and remember that I just don't have one damn thing to complain about and that I am so very very blessed.

I hope you have a splendid weekend with someone or something you love! Come tell me all about it!


7 comments:

  1. That's the way to think about the weight gain. Moving forward with a smile is great. Do what you enjoy this week-end!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All one can do is keep moving forward. You're doing really well on this journey. Keep on keeping on, as us old folks say! :) Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad your Spinster Saturday continues to hold its effect on you...something to look forward to after the humps of the
    week. That weight glitch sounds minor and dismissable. Just
    continue on your nutritious path and have a wonderful weekend
    with the sports enthusiast....and stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love stopping in here and seeing how you're doing and all. I think it's so neat that your Saturday coffee in bed is something you can look forward to. I enjoy that first cup in the morning in my stitching room with the blinds still closed up. It's quiet and lets me wake up some and helps me to plan the day ahead. You have made your Saturday coffee so much more though. It's a ritual that you look forward to. Way to go girl.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't seem to find a comfy way to stitch in bed, which is good because I would spend all my free time in there :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Currently tucked indoors with 70+mph winds outside! Ducks are safe, chickens always have something to whinge about. Today was the first ever day of wearing thermals to stop the wind going through when I was outside. I kind of envy the big girl sleigh bed! But one good thing to report - I bought XXL thermal top - and it's too big! You keep me going Coni! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you had a good Saturday, Coni! Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete