Jan 18, 2020

SATURDAY...BEYOND BLISS


I skipped my Downton Spinster Saturday abed the last week or so, but was simply determined to celebrate it today. Thanks to a lovely gift from a friend, I now have a little setup that allows for the pour of my second cup without having to haul out of the big girl sleigh bed. (Once I find a bigger tray I will be able to manage this a little better, but for now I am simply...delighted.)

(The gift was the little coffee carafe and a sugar/creamer set that I had on my amazon wishlist. It was completely unexpected, but exactly perfectly perfect in every way! Thank you again, dear friend!)

And so I am here, enjoying this ritual, some peace and quiet, and the opportunity to spend time with you and to answer emails. I want to thank all of you who  shared your stitchy journal ideas and setups with me. I am simply gobsmacked by how detailed and lovely they are, but ready to get my own act together! Thank you for getting me motivated!

No stitching to report, unfortunately. I have been like a little kid the last few days, playing with a new toy. Coloring has occupied most of my Happy Chair time, but I have promised myself to limit it this weekend and pick up needle and thread first for at least 30 minutes before breaking out the markers.

My day was supposed to be filled with cleaning, cooking, un-decorating, etc (as usual), but here I sit at almost 1:00 in the afternoon looking at the Instagram, flipping through magazines, and enjoying a good old fashioned winter storm outside the window. Do you suppose that I do this to myself on purpose? Constantly set up a day of productivity so that I can just say "Nope....chuck it" and rebel by being a lump?

Something to ponder with Dr. Melfi when I see her next.

(The truth of the matter is that I am trying to be better about giving myself a break. My weeks are taking everything out of me physically, mentally, and emotionally. By the time Saturday gets here I am in need of a minute to feel like a human again and get my wits about me, so having an hour or two in bed with some damn good is exactly what I should be doing. With impunity.)

Weather is playing a factor with us here in Hoosierville, as I think it is all over the place. We got a decent snow last night and are expected to get ice later this evening, so I am praying that all will be well. If you have to be out and about in anything unpleasant today...take care, please.

Happy Saturday, Dearies! I hope that today finds you as happy and content as I am. Enjoy all the things and come tell me all about it!


4 comments:

  1. Please let me know what the Doc says - seems I do that also!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Coni, I am glad you are taking a minute or an hour or more for yourself. Everyone needs time to recover and re-energize. Stay warm, cozy, and be good to yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it is wonderful that after everything you have to deal with all week long that you give yourself a break on Saturdays. You deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Self care is a priority and helps you deal with everything else

    ReplyDelete