Jan 17, 2020

COLOR ME CRAZY!

Guess who couldn't sleep and stayed up until 3am with her Angie Grace coloring books?


Oh my goodness...I am just loving every moment with markers in hand, Dearies! I have decided that I am definitely an alcohol marker kind of girl....specifically Ohuhu or Milos. The cheapies that I got at the Hobby Lobby turned out to be not quite great. The brush nibs became very frayed and the pens seemed to dry out very quickly.

Lesson learned, I guess.

I did complete a very small section of Plum Pudding, but she is tucked away at the moment feeling a little camera shy, so we'll let her rest a bit. Hopefully, I will get some good stitchy time with her over the weekend, since they are predicting some bad weather to come our way and ground us all from gallivanting about the countryside.

Nothing else to report. Life is quiet, peaceful, and quite swell around these here parts, so I have absolutely nothing to complain about (even if I wanted to). What ever happened to the spinster that used to rant at the silliest thing?

Sometimes I miss her moxy and wit.

(But mostly I just miss her ability to bullhead her way through anything with grit and determination.)

Happy Friday to one and all! Come tell me what's on your agenda for the day!

6 comments:

  1. Coni, Maybe you have just been finding peace for your life. Not everything needs to be fought. Being loved helps a lot with that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Coni, as we umm errr "mature", as Sherry L wrote not everything needs to be fought...or ranted about . Not worth the energy it expends 🙃

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes a change is as good as a rest - what lovely designs and colours - would make nice fabric for dresses or skirts.
    Here the wind and the rain has gone for a short while. It's frosty outside and the sun is not quite up yet - but what a beautiful sky - pink/purple/blue and a dash of orange. Today is cleaning out bird bedding (harsh realities of messy outdoor pets) and hardening off the garlic and winter onions to plant outside. More seed sowing in the greenhouse and with a bit of luck, get that compost down on the veggie beds! Then bath and read a book or sew. Reading The Aeneid! Which is going a lot easier than I imagined - my old teacher would be proud of me! I think it helps to visualise Gerard Butler or Jeff you know who if you don't mind sharing! LOL! Anyhooooo do enjoy your happy time, it's been well overdue for you. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your coloring looks super, Coni! Good to know about the alcohol based markers. Friday's activities included a run to Target and then attending stitch group where we had a postponed Christmas gathering. It was fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been so close to buying a coloring book and the markers in the past, but am glad I waited. I'll know what markers to get now. With the changes in your attitude and all, I wonder if it's just that you're actually more content!

    ReplyDelete