Dec 23, 2019

WHAT DAY IS IT?



I'm pretty sure it's Monday, but I decided to do this in bed thing today. My only task is to head to the grocery for feasting provisions, so why not enjoy a bit of a lazy morning, right?

Deciding on my menu this year seemed harder than usual. I don't know if it's loss of appetite or what, but every time I decided something sounded good, I felt a big fat "Eh", and that was the end of that. For now, I think it will be lasagne on Christmas Eve (Stouffers, thankyouverymuch) and a light breakfast of fruit salad and the damn Greek cookies on Christmas Day followed by a ham sandwich and Mom's potato salad in the evening. Portions will be very very small....I promise. Two days of treats will be followed by the wagon of smoothies and salads and 110kg will be here before you know it.

Last night is a bit of a blur, but there was coloring and movie watching. I watched The Bookshop, The Birdcage, and The Mirror Has Two Faces. I hadn't seen the first one, but thought it was very good. The other two I've seen a thousand times, but needed something that I could listen to with my glasses off.

Speaking of...that is one of my first priorities in the new year. I need to get my eyes re-tested and get glasses that I can wear for stitching and TeeVee viewing. At the moment, I'm taking my glasses off to do anything up close, which means I can't see anything beyond a foot or so in front of my face. Maybe I'll ask them to put the distance Rx in the top of the glasses and clear glass at the bottom? Does anybody else have this problem?  It works pretty well when JB is here because he watches the sports 24/7 and I can just listen to those, but if we want to watch a movie and I want to stitch it becomes tricky.

OK.  Time to get on with it. A few more minutes of sitting in this sunshine streaming in the window and then I need to be a human for a bit.

Happy Monday, Dearies! Two more sleeps until the big day!


8 comments:

  1. Before I had blended trifocals, and I just loved them. It's worth a try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband had clear on the top and readers on the bottom. Definitely can be done the other way around. Hard to believe Christmas is almost here! Merry Christmas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have good close up vision and really bad distance vision, so I have bi-focals with distance on top and no correction on bottom.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I need to make an appointment - since we moved last year, I've not sourced one yet that matches our old optician. With glaucoma in the family it needs to be done annually. For close up work like unpicking blooming stitches I need a magnifying glass now! Current reading glasses are graded for reading and close working and at the top it's slightly longer distance so that I can look up and adjust my eyes before removing the specs.
    And the mince pies went wrong, my shortcrust pastry was too short. I now have a mess - which I will put in tall sundae dishes and mix with cream and custard! One way round it! Second session went better but the last was best of all but that was for jam tarts. The wild birds will be delighted with the crumbs and leftover pastry!
    And your jammies/leggings are adorable!!!
    But hey ho - I have no idea what the days are either. But I do know Santa comes tonight.
    I love The Birdcage, well acted and a nice film. I don't think I've seen either of the others.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My only suggestion is to take your stitching with you to the eye doctor's. So, they can get a better feel for what you need!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Merry Christmas Coni!!! I wear progressive lenses. I have purchased cheaters (magnifying glasses/reading glasses) that are only half with the rim of the flat top clear. I wear these OVER my regular glasses. I get the benefit of a magnifier when I look down to stitch (ohhh I can see even to stitch one strand over 40 count) and my regular glasses on top so I can see the TVee clearly. The important part is to make sure the reading glasses have a regular plastic nose piece and not the metal with pads. The plastic just seems to work the best. I look like an absolute dork but hey, it works and it works well. And the big part is that it's not expensive. Here is a link to a pair (haven't purchased here) just so you can see what I'm talking about: https://www.readers.com/main-street-reading-glasses.html?on=Black&showid=4781

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, Coni, glasses can definitely be made w/ near on top and distance on bottom. Mechanics need glasses like this. You should be able to just tell your optometrist/ophthalmologist what you need. They'll get you fixed up. (I'm a COA for an eye doc.) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I still have no idea what day it is. Ha!

    ReplyDelete