Dec 23, 2019

THE 2019 OFFICIAL SPINSTER STITCHER FEASTING FESTIVIS MENU

Well...that was interesting. I just hauled my heiney out of the big girl sleigh bed, donned clothes and shoes, and headed to the Martins for provisions.

With the entire state of Indiana.

Needless to say, I got a nice workout in whilst hiking from the hinterlands into the store, fighting the crowds for jars of olives and whatnot, and then sherpa-ing it all up to CS2. I'm bushed!

I am, however, very happy to report a lovely menu plan:

Tonight: Freshetta veggie light crust pizza

Christmas Eve:
Never tried this one before, but I do like this brand of things, so it should be good.

Christmas morning:

I cheated and bought a ready-made fruit salad, but I justified it by the cost. I couldn't have purchased and chopped the fruit for less. As for the quiche...it says it's made with egg whites. It's a totally new product to my Martin's, so I figured I'd give it a try.

And for Christmas evening...may I present the official Christmas HAMLETTE for this year:
See? I promised you no big eighty eight dollar Honey Baked Ham this year! This one is small...about the size of my hand, and it will be perfect for one sandwich. The rest will go into the freezer for special breakfasts.

(My only complaint for the day is that when you walk outside into the gorgeous sunshine, you can smell the Honey Baked Ham place in the air and it makes me want to run over there and give in to my temptation and eat my body weight in it. Why oh why does my apartment have to be ten feet away from the Honey Baked Ham store?!)

OK. Enough about me and my ham obsession.  Time to go make my second obsession...my mom's potato salad.

Ciao for now, Dearies! If you're going out and about today, I wish you good luck and good cheer!

5 comments:

  1. Honey baked ham . . . yum! My grandmother's house was opposite the Nestles factory - it was said that when you smell coffee in the air, it's going to rain!
    Merry Christmas Coni, enjoy those yummies. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. What goodies you picked up! I'm with you on the ready made fruit salad. That lasagna looks incredible as does the quiche. Let us know your thoughts on both!

    Wishing you a peaceful Christmas Eve Day, Coni! Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All the good eats look great! I also like the fact that they should be pretty easy to prepare. By the way.....Several days ago, I decided to buy frozen, stuffed peppers. I was feeling pretty cheap that particular shopping trip, so I got the store brand. There were four good sized half peppers inside in a delicious light tomato sauce. Don't think I'll be making anymore home made for a while. Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Merriest of Christmases to you!

    So, can you let us in on what magic is in your Mom's potato salad? a/k/a recipe?

    I've made some spiced cranberry wine punch, and now that it is officially after midnite here, Santa can't rescind my presents, so I'm going to partake (;>)

    Love your blog.

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you ate well over the holidays! :)

    ReplyDelete