Dec 12, 2019

THURSDAY


Happy Thursday, Dearies!

Well, we think we've solved the mystery of my recent crashy illness at and after treatment. My blood pressure is just too darn low, we're taking too much fluid off, and I am trying to lose weight too fast. The remedy is that we doubled a medicine to keep the blood pressure up, the fluid pull will now be minimal, and I will get my head out of my heiney and stop trying to become a world-famous swimsuit model overnight.

Enough of that.

I have been enjoying some quiet coloring and movie time the last few days, and have re-started watching The Crown. Is it just me, or do you also go back to the very beginning of a series when a new season comes out? I find myself forgetting more and more of the plot and characters, so starting from the beginning again and bingeing the whole thing is somewhat necessary to rattle the tiny little brain a bit.

The coloring is purely recreational, and a way to prolong the stitching of Holiday Ribbons. Talk about a total change of pace for Yours Truly! It started with reading The Starless Sea only a few pages at a time. Now it's extended into my stitchy life! I've finished one of the outside borders. Two more, and I can start filling in the ribbons with all of those fun little moteefs! Thank goodness that LJP writes such good charts, because it has been quite some time since I did specialty stitches or something other than a cross stitch! I might even have to break out the laying tool!

Well, I suppose I had better get on with it, but I do love our visits on mornings like this. It gives me an excuse to linger and postpone the "work" of the day. I imagine it would be wise to work first and write as a reward, but if I did that I'm pretty sure you would never hear from me!

Besides, isn't it nice to just ease into a day?

Hope your Thursday is divine and swell and delicious and everything you want it to be! Come tell me all about it!

7 comments:

  1. Slow and steady wins the race! And a little exercise, which I'm trying to be better at myself. Holiday Ribbons looks good!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you were able to narrow down the cause for your recent crash. Sigh. One day at a time. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Easing into the day is my favorite thing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well that is also good news - at least you can manage that better now - besides, the hardest bit you have done already. Now you can just maintain the weight and do things gradually. I guess the body was saying "just hold on a minute here!" LOL! At least it complained when you were in the right place to be looked after! And having seen your super news first, well, you are doing a super job. I always wanted white leather over the knee boots. I think that was probably Nancy Sinatra's fault. Never gonna happen! Not at my age! So swimwear model - well you may just be one day! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, that is somewhat good news about figuring out the crashes you have been having. Slow and steady will still get you across the finish line, Coni! Ribbons is looking good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Are you working on Holiday Ribbons (today) or Christmas Ribbons which is what you called it a few days ago. I can't find either of them on the Laura J Perin pages - Victorian Ribbons and Floral Ribbons are the nearest I can see and obviously the same family.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad you figured out what was going on! Holiday Ribbons is looking absolutely divine!

    ReplyDelete