Dec 3, 2019

OPERATION KEEP GOING...NEW RULES

Miss Sherry L was absolutely and positively correct in warning me about not setting specific goals with this whole weight loss thing. Sherry, you must know me too well, because I have done exactly what you knew I would do.

I have fallen off the wagon and entered backslide territory.

So....new rules.

Instead of having a specific date on which I want to hit a certain goal, I am going to concentrate on incremental weight milestones. And, to really motivate me (as if getting a kidney isn't reward enough), I am going to reward myself at the achievement of each goal with an item from my wish list.

(Please forgive the kilograms, but for me it's just easier to keep everything consistent with the scale at dialysis.) (But if you are really curious, one kilo equals 2.2 pounds). (Oh, and who doesn't prefer reporting their weight as 112 versus 248?!)

Yesterday's off weight was 112.4kg.

My first goal is 110kg.

I think my treat for 110 will be a 2020 Erin Condren life planner. I order one every year and enjoy and use it happily, but it seems to be a luxury and worth working for. I probably won't hit the goal until sometime in January, but keeping my dates and notes on plain paper and not in a pretty notebook might be just the little swat on the heiney I need to get back on track.

Friday off weight will still be the measure, and I'll continue to report on this here blog because I need the accountability. You should all, by the way, please consider that a huge compliment. I am so very much in love and awe of you that I don't want to let you down and fail at this thing. Your motivation and encouragement are precious, and I want to be worthy of it all!

So...110 here we come!

5 comments:

  1. Do you want some of us to join you in the weight loss to help inspire each other? I know I need to lose weight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your attitude! Every one in a while, a change up in rules and whatnot is a good way to jumpstart that drive, desire and motivation! Go Coni!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Accountability is a good motivator, as well as the kidney!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's wonderful that you are able to open up and share the weight countdown (yes count DOWN) for the op day with us all. And housework does burn up calories!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it is a great idea to reward yourself :) You can do it!

    ReplyDelete