Dec 20, 2019

IN WHICH THE SHOULDS AND WANTS LIVE HAPPILY EVER AFTER

Who knew?

You know that I was debating whether to be a lump or a busy bee yesterday if you read my post on this here blog, but what you didn't know is that my better angels somehow prevailed and I managed to do both!

Is this what they call moderation?

I stripped the bed and got the sheets sploshing and then I watching ten minutes of The Crown. Then I spritzed and scrubbed the bathroom, and watched ten  minutes of The Crown. Then the kitchen, dining room, living room, etc. followed by Crown, Crown, Crown.

Before I knew it, the place was clean and tidy and I had finished an entire episode!

After a good shower and a re-paint of the meathooks, I settled in for some coloring with new markers that I bought as a Christmas present for myself. They are knock-off Copic brush markers called "milo" and I really like them! For those of you who color with markers, you know that Copics are very very spendy. I don't do spendy these days, so inexpensive alternatives are very much appreciated when found.

I have to say, there might be something to this whole middle of the road thing. I went to bed last night thinking "Gee. I got stuff done, played with my toys, and am able to lift my arms. What a great day!"

(If it lasts, I'll be shocked and amazed and very very happy.)

Today is a d-day and not much else. Only one day off this weekend due to the holiday, so it will be d-day again on Sunday. This makes it even better that I got things done!

Still no stitching to report. I think I've taken this whole "slow down and savor it" thing to an extreme! It's time to start filling in the ribbons, and I guess I'm trying to postpone it as long as I can because I don't want it to end. Silly, silly, I know.

Happy Friday to one and all! We're in the home stretch, kids, so I hope your lights are twinkling and you are finding a moment for yourself to just....be and enjoy! Come tell me all about it!

5 comments:

  1. Good for you on the moderation and getting the shoulds and wants aligned! Go Coni! Hope today in the chair goes smoothly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You were so wise to take breaks during the work! I'm a firm believer in motivation/bribes, giving myself time to stitch 1 length of fiber after each completed task.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so pleased you rewarded yourself after each chore - and now you can settle down for a nice "me time" break. I haven't sewn for a while - it's driving me crazy! So I have been reading books instead. I loved reading but lately it's mostly veg books or animal husbandry books. Reading is my treat at the moment, but breakfast is email time. I love reading how you are progressing - and boy have you done well! :D xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, thank you, thank you for the tip about Milo markers. I've been dithering for a while trying to balance the budget with the perfect gift for a young artist. Your review has made it possible to do what I was wanting to do while staying in the budget!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A perfect method to get the chores done and have a little break in between!

    ReplyDelete