Dec 18, 2019

IN WHICH I APOLOGIZE TO MYSELF, BUT ONLY A LITTLE

Oh, my goodness, what a day we're having, Dearies!

It started in the shower when I almost killed myself by slipping on all of the body oil that I have apparently been dumping on the floor of the tub rather than myself. Then I broke a nail...a very symbolic middle finger, forgot my phone and ipad, and had a bad hook up that resulted in an infiltration.

The scale showed another weight gain despite me eliminating salt, limiting fluid, and being super super careful, breaking a sweat cleaning the kitchen, and increasing my diuretic, so I just spent the last forty minutes discussing my lady parts and bowel movements with the nurse practitioner in front of God and everybody, which is always a ton of fun.

So here's where the apology comes in.  Apparently I wasn't the sole reason for the weight gain. True, I probably had more sodium than is normal/good for me, but the consensus is that the gain is all bloat/lady part related! Without giving you my entire gynecological history, let's just say that I am 53 years old and leave it at that.

Moving right along, I am still fasting and vegetable souping it until Christmas Eve, but I am thinking that I will modify my meal that night to something light and then do a brunch/snack day for Christmas Day. I have to come to the d-chair, and then I'll go to Mass at 5:00, so maybe I will just pick something up on the way home from church?

In any even, I am happily back in the saddle and looking forward to getting on with it. My stitching has been non-existent these last several days and I need to remedy that with a nice long playdate with Holiday Ribbons.

The Crown continues to delight, but I am having a hard time with the change of actors for the third season. I'm only two episodes in, so I know it will get there, but so far I'm a bit distracted with the change.

It's certainly a Futzingday today, so I suppose I had better get on with enjoying it! I hope things in your neck of the woods are fun and festive! Come tell me all about it!


7 comments:

  1. I'm sorry I was so tough on you regarding the weight gain. It does sound more logical that there was something else contributing to it. I'm also sorry that they can't give you privacy in such discussions. To me, that's quite unforgivable. What happened to HIPPA rules?? Keep on keepin' on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad someone else has those days when you might as well go back to bed, get up again and start it over. Sounds like you have a plan. Some things you don't have any control, but you have your train back on the track!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that if you didn't binge on The Crown, the transition may have been easier. It was 6 months between the actor changes for me so it was very easy to accept. I was scared that the second queen wouldn't measure up to the first, but I was thrilled that she was every bit as good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Coni, it was good to hear that it just wasn't food related causing the weight gain. Hope today is more restful for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. And another piece of the jigsaw comes together - hormones whoopee doo! Mine were still raging in my late 50s - did not go down the HRT route, just waited for it to go. And waited . . . and waited . . .
    But a check up at the docs today was thumbs up for blood pressure, thumbs up for asthma and the best was that I'd lost 6 kilos since September 2018. Now I know it was coming off a little here and a little there, but half a stone of that was down to your influence! Slow progress, but it's in the right direction. Thank you Coni. Mwah! I could hug you if you weren't the other side of the pond!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Would love to have your vegetable soup recipe. Glad you got some good news and I think you are doing grand. Have you tried Curel Hydra therapy lotion? I am so afraid to fall in the shower. This one you put on wet skin then towel off.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a pickle! Men have no idea what we women go through. Glad to hear it wasn't entirely food related, still, remember soldier, stay focused. When I read "..maybe I'll just pick something up on the way home from church", it reads "...maybe I'll pick up pre-prepared food with lots more sodium in it than there would be if I made some food at home..." Just consider your choices.

    ReplyDelete