Nov 20, 2019

DOING MATH IN MY HEAD

It's D Day, Dearies. My off weight after treatment will be the one that I take to my appointment with Dr. Goggins tomorrow. Mercifully, they use your post-treatment weight for measure and not your day-of weight. (Dialysis patients typically gain fluid weight in between treatments, and it can be as much as five to ten pounds in some cases!)

Another thing to consider is the rinse back, which is the weight of the fluid and last little bit of blood that they put back in as you come off the machine.

Oh....and we do all of this in kilograms, which are the equivalent of 2.2 pounds.

My on weight is113kg/248.6 pounds.
Minus treatment will hopefully be 3kg/6.6 pounds.
Plus rinse back of .4kg/.88 pounds
Should equal an off weight of 110.4kg/242.88 pounds

Pray my blood pressure holds out, Dearies. If it crashes, they will have to push fluid back in, and that will mean added weight.

Oey with the numbers already!!

Thank you for indulging me these last many weeks. I promise that I will just shut up about it already and will convert my every waking moment/obsessions to something other than weight loss, Dr Goggins, blood pressure, and dialysis treatments. But...in my defense...this hasn't been a vanity exercise or the desire to fit into smaller pants. This is me wanting to live and doing everything I can to do so.

Plus, as soon as I get this new kidney we are going to have the mother of all stitchy retreats/celebration party/extravaganzas here in Hoosierville, and then I'm going to make it my business to travel from place to place and terrorize LNS's and stitchers everywhere!

OK...time to get under my blanket and watch the Flosstube. I am weeks behind and miss peeking into everybody's virtual windows!

God Bless and keep every single one of your dear hearts for putting up with me!

16 comments:

  1. No apologies, Coni! You talk numbers all you want. We're here for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fingers crossed for today! Sending love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You don't have to apologize. You are at your goal. I'm sure the docs know that with dialysis, some weight is not true weight and "pardon the pun" weight gain and loss is very fluid. You have and are doing great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your numbers obsession is shared by us all, as we root you on. Obsess all you need to!

    And Betty can just go blow. I have what I jokingly refer to as my "shrine to dead animals" lovingly displayed on the walls of my home, with favorite pix of long lost pets framed and hung and enjoyed on a daily basis. My pets have brought so much joy to my life, why wouldn't I treasure the memories of them, right along with my human family that have passed?

    Wishing you continued success along your path to health.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are your cheering section, prayer warriors, whatever you want to call us. Don't hold back but keep the updates coming!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fingers crossed that it comes out good today! Praying for you to get your new kidney and be healthy and happy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sending good thoughts and prayers! I look for your updates to see how you are progressing. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have nothing but our support, Coni. Prayers galore, lots of virtual hugs. The very fact that you are living a *normal* life while dealing with all that STUFF is just God's grace. Keep on, babble away, it's been an education for many of us. -psv

    ReplyDelete
  9. It’s going to be a great day. The numbers, like the stars, will align in your favor.

    ReplyDelete
  10. We are with you all the way!! Prayer warriors, fellow Stitcher’s, and friends. We support you all the way. Like someone said, how you try so very hard to live a normal, stitchy life through all your treatments. You are an amazing woman. We care so much.
    We’re here for you.
    Donna - Streamwoid

    ReplyDelete
  11. Coni, you can jabber about numbers and whatever your heart desires to us! We are your nation and support to one of our own is a given! So go, Coni!

    ReplyDelete
  12. We want to hear your numbers, we love you, pray for you and root for you.
    I am always amazed at how you handle things

    ReplyDelete
  13. Please don't ever stop telling us about what is going on unless you don't want to tell. We always love hearing about you :) Good luck tomorrow!!! You will be in my prayers xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Direct prayers to Heaven from this bevy of admirers who are
    cheering you on, Coni dear. Your fastidious calculations are
    a joy to behold...NASA could use someone like you. Looking forward to our stitching and your stitch removal celebration
    when we gather to hail the new kidney....

    ReplyDelete
  15. Coni - no need to do that - for anyone undergoing treatment or about to, you have been an inspiration, and giving details will help many who are keen to know. Who knows - we could all have the same diagnosis around the corner. You carry on being you - which is why we like you. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cheering you on every single day! Go, Coni, go! I am down for a post kidney stitchy retreat where we celebrate you and your new kidney! Whoo-hoo :)

    ReplyDelete