Oct 6, 2019

SUNDAY


I am home from Mass and a visit with my friend, and my heart is full. In the last several weeks I have been reminded of how incredibly blessed I am in the friend department. I've not always BEEN a good friend and I certainly don't deserve the ones I have, but there is hope that I might stay out of my cabe long enough to enjoy more time with them.

Today will be about three things and three things only: desk basket/budget/bills/planning, laundry, and stitching. And...for some strange reason I am looking forward to all three. Let's face it, there's just nothing better than putting a dryer fresh warm towel up to your face and taking a big fat sniff on a crisp autumn afternoon.

I hope your very own Sunday is perfect in every way! Thanks for all of your feedback on Mary. I am contemplating turning her into a pillow with a lovely plain and some fabulous tassels! I need to watch a LOT of Flosstube tutorials before I try it, though. Wish me luck!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a terrific idea with a cushion. Years ago I made a foxglove needlepoint cushion for my mum. I can't remember how I did it, but it was just ordinary curtain backing (in a beautiful deep red/mauve to match the foxgloves. I might have used backing for the sewn side, so that is possible that it was ordinary calico (the bit I can't remember) and I do like doing those slip inside cushion covers - no zips. The pattern was An Edwardian Lady in an English Countryside - don't remember who was the designer though. There was also a little piece of poetry on there too - my mum has used it so much that the writing has nearly all worn away!

    Super that you had a fabulous time with friends. I'm sure they are really happy that you have become the Coni that they used to know and love, and have understood that you needed time. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Coni, it sounds like a good Sunday indeed. You are a blessing to your circle of friends. Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You will do great at making her into a pillow!

    ReplyDelete