Oct 5, 2019

SATURDAY!

This is my new Saturday morning tradition. Instead of tucking my head under the covers and hoping the hangover will pass, I negotiate with it and set up a little recovery area. I'm still in bed, so it feels like I'm resting, but I have my damn good and lots to read, so it feels like room service in a mid-level suburban hotel.

I do like the view, though, especially when the sun is shining and the temperature is in the 50's:
I know it's a parking lot, but if you squint and only concentrate on the trees it almost looks like Tuscany.

Um, Tuscany, Indiana maybe. But Tuscany nonetheless.

No agenda for me today. JB is running to and fro and I plan to stay in pajamas all day and stitch. I do need to address my basket of mail that has filled itself this week, and I suppose I should also do some laundry, but those are decisions to be made after I enjoy a nice long lounge here in the big girl sleigh bed.

I'll have a stitchy update for you later, I promise. My toes are too cozy to ponder trecking to the Happy Chair to fetch her at the moment. You understand, right?

Happy, happy Saturday, Dearies! I hope you ate as cozy and happy as I am. Come tell me all about it!

7 comments:

  1. Probably some stitching will be done today here too. One more day of hot weather and then it might possibly be Fall in North Texas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had a cooler start to the day here and I am hoping it continues to stay around for the rest of the weekend. Laundry has sploshed and I am heading off to stitch in a few minutes. Have a fantastic Saturday, Coni!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm on day 2 of post knee replacement recovery. My current bedroom set up is similar to yours, but my view is nothing but cars. Hoping for some stitchy time in my own happy chair after I finish with the home health PT guy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoy those Bookpages magazines from our library too!
    Liongoddess hope your new knee recovers beautifully for you. My sis is having hers done Monday.
    Coni this sounds like a good new tradition for you. Happy stitching everyone 🤗

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh....where did you get that dresser? Love it!! & glad you are resting!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes - I see the Tuscany view! Nothing quite like a bit of sunshine to lift the spirits. Although my view of sunrise from the side window is hedge, trees and a big liquid gas tank which had to be moved from another part of the garden, so now sits in plain view. Ah well at least this one is new and unlikely to go boom!
    Long gone are the days where I sit around in my jammies. Mainly because I'm up to let the birds out. Must have been cold last night because our picture windows (nice views and south facing) are covered in condensation! Autumn is here - but at least the rain has stopped for a while. Upstairs while it's been raining the fabric has nearly been sorted and I'm now on sifting through the scraps, cutting them into shapes all ready to sew. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes I can see the Tuscany view also :)

    ReplyDelete