Oct 20, 2019

IN WHICH I MAKE A MESS AND ROAST A CHICKEN...

We went to Mass in the Basilica and then had breakfast downtown South Bend, and I got the bright idea to do a weekly grocery shop and make soup.

Did I mention that I woke up feeling like I had been dragged through a hedge backwards?

I got finished with the grocery shop and just plain ran out of gas. Kaput. Done. Couldn't do one more thing. So I surveyed the mess:


Put a chicken in the oven:


And have decided to call it a day. My eyes are heavy and the big girl sleigh bed awaits. I am going to go take a lovely snoozy nap and will think about cleaning messes and making soup later.

I hope your weekend has been wonderful and that you get your very own resting time today! What's on your menu?

4 comments:

  1. Stuffed green peppers and (boxed) scalloped potatoes. Roasted chicken for later in the week at the same time. Listen to your body and make soup later in the week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your mess is my almost tidy! Your health is more important. Just grab one item at a time when you feel like pottering around. Today we will be having hash browns, eggs and bacon for dinner. Soup for lunch I'm guessing. Ooh and the notification button works - who'd have thought it was a cookie (zero calorie kind) that caused a blip. Yay for the weight loss - I was rooting for you from afar. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whatever the man of the house put in the crockpot (it turned out to be flat iron steaks and potatoes) since I was returning from PA and a retreat. Soup sounds good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Today was soup day for me. I could eat soup for every meal. Your chicken sure does look yummy too!

    ReplyDelete