Oct 21, 2019

MONDAY MONDAY

Buzzy is busy doing his thing and I am enjoying a different view today. I thought I was going to be terribly late for chair time today because I was enjoying my damn good, but it turns out I was right on time!

(I did, however, leave the house with a wet head because my hair dryer decided to go kaput right when I plugged him in. Phooey.)

I ended up making a huge vat of soup and cooked it all night in the crock pot, so it will be waiting for me to enjoy when I get home. I also have some lovely little sourdough hard rolls to accompany, so there will be quite the feast at CS2 this evening!

Tomorrow will be my buckle down day, I promise. I have the entire day to clean and launder and tidy and organize and straighten to my heart's content. I am hoping to tackle my closet and purge some old things and move winter clothes around, but we'll see how I do energy wise.

If I get everything done, I'm going to head to the Martins in search of a mashed potato squash. A friend on the Facebook was raving about it, and I figured I'd give it a try one night with the roasted chicken for JB. I will have to forego due to the high potassium, but methinks JB will love it! Stay tuned!

OK...better get back to doing my thing. I hope your Monday is practically perfect in every way! Come tell me all about it!

5 comments:

  1. We love all varieties of squash but never heard of a mashed potato one. If you find it could you post a picture and tell us how to cook it? Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found a photo and recipe online. https://olivejude.com/mashed-potato-squash/

      Delete
    2. Oooh, thank you! I'm going to have to look for that now.

      Delete
  2. Coni, hope your Monday is going smoothly! I am taking a break from chores and the like and catching up on my blog reading.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh mashed potato squash - yayyy I can get seeds to grow it here! Thanks for the idea Coni - love trying something new! On the list for next year's seed!
    Glad Buzzy behaved - and a nicer view too.

    ReplyDelete