Sep 18, 2019

WHATEVER HAPPENED TO FUTZINGDAY?

My goodness, but the time is flying faster and faster! I woke up today thinking it was Tuesday, but then I remembered I already had one of those and got myself ready for the d-chair.
Mary is coming along quite nicely and is delighting my techs and podmates. Something about the universal appeal of a woman flying through the air by means of an umbrella, I suppose. I am going to continue playing with her for a bit longer here in the d-chair and might think about something different for home...we'll see.

My sister writes to tell me that she is getting ready to sell her wares at the Mountain Home Berry Farm at the end of this month, as well as on her etsy shop. She has been sending pictures of her creations...wreaths and mason jar bouquets and needleminders, etc, and I am so very sad I can't sit with her for a Craft Day Gone Awry. Remember those? I think it was the 2009 version that resulted in me being banned from use of a hot glue gun and anything involving Martha Stewart glitter.

I also miss our Mumu and Mocktail celebrations on the patio. Despite my very best effort, I can't seem to get JB on board for that one, even though I think he definitely has the legs for a festive mumu.

So that's it for me today. How is your very own Futzingday going? I hope it's wonderfully swell in every way! Come tell me all about it!



4 comments:

  1. Instead of a mumu, maybe you can convince him to sport a grass skirt. Or a sarong wrap like the Hawaiian men wear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. MP is looking good! She makes me smile. I played around with charts, fabrics and threads and kitted up projects for October and a few extras for the retreat bag.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think there is a universal love for Mary Poppins or at least for a woman who flies in and sets everything right😉. Have you seen Saving Mr. Banks? It was very eye opening and explains why P.L. Travers was so protective of her characters. I'm working on Blackbird Loose Feathers "Beneath the Sunlit Sky", it's a quick one for my sampler wall. Are you going to do any Fall/Halloween related this year?

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Has the legs for a festive mumu" I am giggling hysterically.

    Mary Poppins is so beautiful! I am really thinking I need to add this into my pattern stash then my wip pile asap!

    ReplyDelete