Sep 29, 2019

SUNDAY SPINSTER BLISS...



My friends from Lima are on their way home, and I am in the Happy Chair with a post-brunch cup of damn good and the Crackpot Spinster Fireplace blazing away. What a completely wonderful weekend! A really great lunch yesterday before the game, some stitchy time during it, and then really good cheeseburgers after at CJ's Pub downtown South Bend. 

(When my mom and dad brought me to campus the very first time, my dad pointed out CJ's and said that if I ever went to school here I would have a bar of my very own to call home. My mom wasn't exactly thrilled by the prospect of me spending time in a bar instead of a classroom, but she would be happy to know that I never stepped foot in the place until last night.)

(It's a total "joint", but part of Notre Dame tradition and the home of some very good cheeseburgers indeed.)

Today was Mass in the Basilica and then another tasty meal at a favorite place just across the parking lot from CS2. Just delicious!

JB is buying provisions for a meatloaf, since it's cold and rainy and seems like a good day for it. I will happily oblige, since a Sunday afternoon playing in the kitchen is actually something I quite enjoy, and a meatloaf sandwich (or half of one anyway) might make for a nice little treat this week.

I hope your own weekend has been full of love and laughter like mine has! Do something lovely and come tell me all about it!

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like an absolutely delightful weekend :) So happy to hear you and your friends had such a great time together :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you have had such a marvelous weekend! Enjoy the rest of it --- Meatloaf is one of my favorite meals --- I'll have to fix one now that you've reminded me of how good it is! Thank you bunches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like a wonderful weekend & visit with your friends! I'm glad you had such a great time. Hope you have a relaxing evening & enjoy the meatloaf!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great news! So happy for you that all was a terrific weekend and that you are still having a super time even though your friends have gone home.
    Here, went to an autumn show - not sure at first as I saw a lot of mass produced things, but there were lots of entertainers that were brilliant, farm animals - all sorts and surprise giant tortoises! I'd want a couple to mow the lawn, but I think the grass would be over my head before they cleared a couple of feet!
    For you, I hope the happiness continues and that you have a much better week ahead. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you had a good time with your friends! Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok now I am hungry! What does one put on a meatloaf sandwich?

    ReplyDelete