Sep 28, 2019

AND THEN IT WAS SATURDAY...

My goodness.

We had thunder and lightning yesterday for what felt like nine or ten hours. A few bolts and jolts were so loud I felt the entire building shake! I haven't seen and heard a storm like that in quite some time, I think.

I'm slurping my damn good and getting ready for a wonderful day with some Lima friends. Denise and Jeff have been part of my heart for over thirty five years and are the parents of my goddaughters, Jacqueline and Sara. I always come away from a visit with them feeling better about the world (and myself), so I am really looking forward to some catching up.

JB and I are not going to go to the football game itself, but we are going to meet up for a nice lunch before hand and maybe a light supper after. Then tomorrow we'll do the whole Basilica Mass and brunch thing before they head home. A perfect weekend.

Thank you for pitting up with me last week. I really do think there is something "off" with me, so I'm going to have a quick check-in with the doc on Monday morning just to make sure. I know it seems like a complete overreaction, but I've discovered that little things can turn to big things pretty quickly if you're on dialysis, so away to the doctor I go.

Well, Dearies. That's it for me on a rainy Saturday morning. I hope your corner of the world is practically perfect in every way today. Come tell me all about it!

6 comments:

  1. It sounds like you have a wonderful weekend planned. I hope you're able to relax & enjoy every minute! Sounds like a good idea to check in with your doctor, definitely makes sense since you're feeling a bit off. Take care, & have a great time with your friends!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trust your instincts and get the off beat checked. What a lovely weekend in the offing...embrace every moment and store
    up another fair supply of blessed memories to shore you up on down days.... Have a great time....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Still behind you all the way and so glad you are getting checkup! Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good Sunday morning Coni, by the time you read this your lovely friends visit will probably be over. It sounds like a lovely weekend.
    Coni, just want to say I think you're very brave sharing yourself with us as you do. I have so much admiration for you. Thank you for taking care of yourself by checking in with the doc tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope all goes well at the docs. I really don't like being outside when it storms - sounds awful.
    The weather has been relentless lately with gales and lashing rain - keeps me awake at night! But had a fantastic day at an autumn show today - so many animals! So many pretty flowers and vegetables - even giant ones! Amazing - never seen anything like it before!
    Hope your weekend with friends went well and you had a fabulous time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nothing like a visit with good friends!

    ReplyDelete