Aug 30, 2019

STARTING WEIGHT: 266
LAST WEEK'S WEIGHT: 258.7
CURRENT WEIGHT: 256.3
WEIGHT LOST THIS WEEK: 2.4 
FIRST GOAL: 252
GOAL WEIGHT TO GET A NEW KIDNEY: 242
ULTIMATE LIFETIME GOAL: 160



Well, the end of treatment today was interesting.  I gained very minimal fluid since Wednesday and was really excited to see how well I did eating-wise this week. My tech and I decided to go for it and we selected an off weight that would be slightly under my dry weight. (Dry weight means you don't have any excess fluid. In my case, my dry weight has recently be re-set to 117kg, down from 119kg.)

OK...I can see your eyes glazing over.

Basically what happened was a "soft crash" because we tried to take too much fluid off. But, because I'm a doofus, as I was passing out and my blood pressure was 90/40 I was hollering "Don't put the fluid back! Don't put the fluid back!" like a total lunatic.

They put a LITTLE of the fluid back and I came off the scale at 116.5kg!

Oh, happy dance of joy and wonderment!

Sorry to do the kilo thing to you, but we think in those terms on dialysis. One kilo equals 2.2 pounds, so you can do the math if that's your thing. I, however, would rather just keep to the kilos because in my entire life I have never weighed 116 of anything!

Home safe and sound now, Dearies. I'm going to chill a bit and then get this weekend started! 

16 comments:

  1. Go,Spinster! Go Spinster! You can do it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brava !!! The stars are aligned and you are more than on your
    way, Coni dear. Enjoy the triumph and your chill before getting the weekend on the road.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Splendid just Splendid!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful- you are making such great progress! Hope you have a wonderful relaxing Labor Day weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like are doing really well, all things considered. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic! It's metric here but I still work in stones, pounds and ounces - and yards, feet and inches - that's still a lot of weight lost. When you compare it to a bag of sugar or flour and you have got rid of the equivalent! Well done indeed. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. AMAAAZING, well done, you will do it. You are on a roll. Keep going, the crowd are on their feet cheering you on.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Woo-Hoo! You're doing such a fantastic job! Congratulations on such great progress!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Major round of applause for the Spinster!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You go girl! Great job! By the way....I know several people who are just staying away from carbs and they have all lost quite a bit of weight. You hav a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay Coni! And I don't think you are a lunatic!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well done, steady progress is the best and you are rocking this ! Soon it will be cool enough for you to walk outside and that will really help you along .With your change in eating and some walking you will power to your first goal.
    Brava ! !

    ReplyDelete
  13. Woohoo!! Getting very close to that first goal!

    ReplyDelete