Aug 10, 2019

SATURDAY SPINSTER BLISS



Chello, Dearies!

Well, it's Saturday again, which means I am a bit hung over, thrilled to have two days off, and contemplating a to-do list the length of my arm.

Naaaaaah.

I think I'll get my wits about me, grab my smoothie, and head to the pool. It's a beautiful day here in Hoosierville and I think a long float looking at the clouds is exactly what this spinster needs.

(Do you ever do that? Just chill and watch the clouds? I have made it part of my weekly routine, and I have to tell you...there's something about that gorgeous blue and those cotton candy fluff balls just up there doing their thing that touches me deep in my pitiful little soul.)

Stitching-wise, I made a little progress on Poppins during treatment yesterday, but she's in the car and I don't have the energy to go down the stairs and fetch her just yet. I have a huge hankering to play with Plum Pudding today, so I might go against tradition and do something different for a change. I do know that September will be full of autumnal things, and if I can manage it budget-wise, another dessert mandala from Glendon Place.

Well, will you look at that? Me getting all organized and planny and such!

I hope your weekend is off to a marvelous start and that you get to do all the things. Have some fun and come tell me all about it!

3 comments:

  1. Hope your Saturday went as you planned, Coni! What did you end up working on? Would love to see an update on Plum Pudding! Have a wonderful Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are feeling chipper - yes a lovely float in the pool sounds great. I love clouds - we've had some stormy ones here lately. Best one was up on holiday in Skye in Scotland - it looked like Santa's sleigh! My husband doesn't appreciate my musings - his loss! Release the inner child I say!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel the same way looking at the ocean. Just listening to and watching the waves roll in. Good for a soul. I love that you are making that a weekly time for yourself thing :)

    ReplyDelete