Aug 12, 2019

MONDAY...MONDAY



Well, here we are again, Dearies...doing our thing in the d-chair. I had a quiet weekend, so you'd think  I'd be well-rested and in good cheer, but I am tired and slightly blech instead. (Not totally and completely blech, mind you. Just enough blech that I am more blech-ier than not.)

I didn't ply one single stitch yesterday, but I did manage to catch up on my magazine reading. I love magazines. I really do. I subscribe to a number of them and used to stay on top of reading them every Sunday, but in years past I have fallen terribly behind, especially with The New Yorker. Stewey and I shared that one, and he often handed it to me with post-it notes marking something he thought particularly apropos to my parenting skills.

Yesterday found me in the damn recliner with my damn good after Mass, etc. reading to my heart's content, though, while the laundry did its thing and JB enjoyed that blacony and his radio.

The week ahead will be interesting and busy. I am having surgery/angioplasty on my arm tomorrow, and then going to my family doc on Thursday for a check up. In between, will be a visit by the nice lady from the upholstery shop to give me an estimate on re-doing the Happy Chair. I know that I can buy a new one at the Value City for $700, but I also know the quality of my current chair must be pretty good to have lasted these 28 years and it's not likely to be repeated.. Either way, I have started my Happy Chair piggy bank and will finally pull the darn trigger in the next few months.

OK. Enough rambling. Time to get the headphones on, the Flosstube tuned in, and needle in hand. Happy Monday to one and all! Come tell me all about life in your neck of the world today!

6 comments:

  1. I hope that you are feeling not so blech now. I have decided that I don't like this horrible heat and that I am ready for Autumn. I've changed out all decorations and now I am surrounded by Autumnal joy. Get your Happy Chair done however you want as long as it makes you heart happy! I've decided that we can live in whatever season and however we want to if it makes us happy --- can you tell I'm good at pretending? I hope your day in the d-chair goes smoothly and that your surgery tomorrow goes well, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying you through D-Day, surgery tomorrow, good visit with
    Doc on Thursday. Whew...busy lady! Wishing you a comfy, beautifully upholstered Happy Chair with a manageable pile of favorite magazines beside it awaiting your perusal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think every Monday is a bit blech. So I just remind myself "This is the day that the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it." Praying for good results and quick healing for your surgery. = )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Monday was tiring after the long drive home in torrential rain on Sunday. Here was a sunny Monday but all's well - apart from a persistently broody pekin chicken! The fox has been rumbled after it pounced on one of the girls (she came back through the hedge, but passed away the following day) - they all yell when it's around. That's enough to keep even me away with that noise! But it must be deaf and only left when I went to look.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope your surgery goes smoothly, Coni! You are in my thoughts and prayers. Be good to yourself! I think you are right about your Happy Chair and the quality of it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you are on the right track with the re-upholstery route. They sure don't make things like they used to.

    ReplyDelete