Aug 5, 2019

BACK IN THE SADDLE...


I'm in the d-chair letting Buzzy and Beepy do their thing today, Dearies. Sorry I didn't write sooner, but by the time we made it home from Lima I was just wrung out like a chubby, weepy, over-emotional little sponge.

The weekend was a combination of the highest highs and the lowest lows. I was either crying tears of joy and nostalgia or tears of sorrow and horror. El Paso and Dayton are both cities close to my heart, and I suppose the only thing I could do is hug my peoples just that much tighter and whisper an I love you in their ears.

The people I spent the weekend with aren't my high school classmates.

They're not my friends.

They. Are. My. Family. 

I joked that I'm their crazy spinster sister, but that was more truth than not. I rejoice with their triumphs and mourn with them during their losses. I can probably tell you more about their kids and spouses and careers and vacations and graduations and lives than about my own. They are special and brilliant and wonderful and....

Family.

Saturday was the Grand Tour for my Jersey Boy. First up was St. Charles...the grade school of Yours Truly that I attended from sixth through eighth grades:


Next up was high school. Lima Central Catholic...home of the Thunderbirds:


And finally, 1522 Bunker Drive. The childhood and adolescent homestead of The Spinster Stitcher, Aunt Chrissy, and Bob and Sig Rich Their Very Selves:

I took the close-up of the front porch because my mom used to hang enormous ferns there, and I see that the current resident is continuing the tradition....something that would have made her very happy.

(The little white dog was just a magic reminder of You Know Who.)

I was a weepy, sweaty, nervous, chattery mess for three straight days, but I'd do it all over again in a heartbeat if it meant one more hug or one more kiss or one more I love you.

My heart is full

6 comments:

  1. Wonderful that you had a grand walk down memory lane. The events of the past do shape the person we are now.

    I am blessed to meet my high school friends once a week for lunch. We are better friends now than we were then.

    Spent part of the weekend following you in a floss tube session. Wonderful adventure but expensive. Lets just say that I will be getting packages in the mail for the next several weeks...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had the best time! I love your childhood home, it is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you were able to go and have a fabulous weekend, Coni! Your home on Bunker Drive is stunning. Treasure those memories!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super trip - so pleased that the fern tradition still goes on in your old house. My grandmother's home is unrecognisable now and that makes me sad. But hey ho, you had a great time with your extended family. Welcome back home and hope the session goes well. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you had a wonderful time and your heart is full! Hope your week is a great one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look great in that picture! What a wonderful experience!

    ReplyDelete