Feb 27, 2019

IN WHICH WE ARE A SPINSTER STITCHING FOOL...

Boy oh boy did my afternoon turn itself right around!  After a hot soak in the tub I managed to stitch several hours on TWO projects!

Cirque des Coeurs is still blowing my skirt up, so I might go a bit longer before tucking her away for something else:




I am guessing that a finish along this section will put me at about 1/3 complete...a little less that I originally thought, but somehow still very satisfying for a few week's time.

After dinner I decided to switch it up a bit, so out came a painted canvas by Maggie:




If memory serves, this was one of the very first painted canvas purchases I made circa 2003 or so. I remember falling in love with the color combination and geometric aspect of it. I am stitching this with silk threads in simple tent stitch, and for the life of me don't know why it has languished in the stash pile for so many years!

So that's the report for a Futzingday morning. I am going to enjoy my second cup of damn good and then get ready for You Know What. 

I hope your week is making you happy, Dearies! Come tell me all about life in your corner of the world!



11 comments:

  1. Coni, I am loving your progress on Cirque des Coeurs. I say carry on if it is still bringing you pleasure. Your painted canvas piece is going to be incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love, love the needlepoint canvas. You have terrific taste. When moving, I've found things I forgot I even had. Always an adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful work. I have been going through some of my ‘inventory’ and am quite surprised at what I find as well. I wonder what got in the way of that finish. A move, a sickness, whatever. The reunion is a treat or a ‘what was I thinking moment’. Love stitching, we are lucky to have such a passion. Have a wet day Coni...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just enjoy the fact that you have the luxury of uninterrupted stitching straight for a few hours...that in itself is a dream come true that many of us envy you for...what a delicious luxury.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful stitching on absolutely gorgeous projects. Great progress!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love both these projects and very inspired by you and your outlook.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love seeing your progress on this - it's beautiful! And that painted canvas piece will be gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the hearts - that is going soooo well! And diving into another project! You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think even I could do a painted canvas!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! The canvas is awesome. It'll be fun to watch the progress on this project. So happy you're feeling so good.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Whoo-hoo! Look at you go! Beautiful progress!!

    ReplyDelete