Aug 19, 2016

BAD SPINSTER! BAD. BAD. SPINSTER.

It started out innocently enough.  I was just supposed to take a shower, put some clothes on, go get labwork done, and return some library books.

Eight hours later and I am home wondering who that crazy woman was that dragged me around from place to place putting things into shopping carts like a drunken coupon clipper.

I did go to the lab...check.

When I got into the car to head to the library, I noticed that my phone wasn't on.  One quick check of the battery confirmed what I should have known...dead dead dead.  So off to the AT&T store for a car charger (which I should have had anyway, but seeing how I never leave the house I figured I'd just get around to it eventually.)  (Today was eventually, apparently.)

I did go to the library...check.  But instead of using the drive up thingie to just return the books I went inside and browsed the new fiction section and checked out another three books.

This is where it went a little off the rails.

My car somehow magically turned itself from the library to the Targets.  I did get a few things I did need, like toothpaste and plastic spoons and Quilted Northern and cotton balls, but as I was passing through the cosmetic section, my eye went to the nail polishes.

I was immediately drawn to a lovely pinky brown type color and figured it would be swell for September.  So into the cart it went with a few treats I fished out of the dollar bins:

Guess what the name of the polish is?  I swear, I didn't know this until I looked at it moments ago because I did not have my glasses with me in the store:
Can you believe it!?!?  IN STITCHES!!

What kind of self-respecting Spinster Stitcher would I be if I didn't have my fingers and toes painted with a nail polish color called IN STITCHES!?

A disciplined gal would have called it a day at this point, but this is me we're talking about.

I went to the Michael's.  

My intention was to pick up a few skeins of floss for my next project, but I somehow managed to make it to the planner aisle.  Y'all know how much I'm loving playing with my Erin Condren life planner, so it would make complete sense that I would opt for a Happy Planner this time, right?  I'm still a little undecided as to whether or not I will make the switch next year, but in  the meantime, I have some new stickers to play with.

After all of this running around, I went totally and completely insane and ended up at Five Guys for a burger, fries, and....oh my gosh I can't believe I'm confessing this....please don't think less of me or delete me from your Palm Pilot....I....had....a....diet....Coke.

I gave up dietCoke some time ago because my nurse case manager told me to, but I just couldn't take it anymore and I totally caved.  It was only a small one, but I can tell you that the five or six sips of it that I managed to have while waiting for my burger were....nirvannah on steroids.

Bosco and Stewey are wondering why, after all of this crazypants shopping, I couldn't be bothered to get them anything, so as soon as I get my wits about me, we're going to head over to the PetSmart for a toy or two.

So that's that for the day.  I promise...back to stitchy updates tomorrow.  In addition to some progress on Olympic Good Stuff, I have the reveal of a project selection that will finally convince you that I am, in fact, a few bubbles off plumb.

Happy, happy, happy day to you and yours!   WooHoo!

17 comments:

  1. Never ever stop posting! you are my hero! I don't go out much do to my health concerns but when I do I tend to go overboard as well unfortunately I feel it for days afterwards. Please send Stewy my love & prayers for y'all my sweet lady & her guardians.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never ever stop posting! you are my hero! I don't go out much do to my health concerns but when I do I tend to go overboard as well unfortunately I feel it for days afterwards. Please send Stewy my love & prayers for y'all my sweet lady & her guardians.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best you had your lab work done before sojourning to
    Five Guys...our lips are sealed....guess you needed it
    to reboot all the energy it took to fidaddle through
    the shops.... a great haul, Ms.In Stitches !!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I stopped reading when I got to the new sticker paragraph, promise. Frankly my dear, I do not which one of us has a bigger problem. You go to the Target and the Michaels, I go online to the gd Amazon (Prime so I have to get enough free shipping to make the membership worth my while) and let my fingers do the damage since my right Achilles doesn't like concrete floors and my skin doesn't like UV lights. My UPS guy and I are having a thing - he brings me stuff and I smile.
    Keep on keeping on, can't wait to see the progress on the Olympic piece and see what the coming attraction is. Prayer continue for you, Stewey and Bosco.

    ReplyDelete
  5. For someone "who never leaves the house" you certainly had a full day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. a few bubbles off plumb

    Gotta remember that one! 😜

    ReplyDelete
  7. An adventurous day:) and who knew there was a nail polish made just for us stitchers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Essie nail polish and I have that shade too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You can always blame the full moon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It sounds like you had lot of fun :) I love all your purchases! Especially that nail polish, I am going to have to hunt that down!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW! I love it!!! Especially the nail polish! :D -Cathryn

    ReplyDelete
  12. What an exciting day. Love the name and color of the nail polish. Oh my goodness, I have not had those candies in forever. Glad you enjoyed your day.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my gosh! That was me today. I was supposed to go 4 places today and I did, but, somehow, when I went into Ulta to get a very specific blow dryer and shampoo, I came out 2 hours (and almost $200!) later with a completely different hair tool, a different shampoo, an expensive at home hair treatment and managed to get a shampoo and blowout from a very nice gentleman named Chris. My hair looks fabulous, thank you. I did not, however, manage to finish the stuffed toy I was going to make for my friend's daughter due to all of that and the (unforseen) 2 hour power outage that struck when a transformer near our house exploded. Oh well...it was a fun day and there is always time for stitching tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are just hilarious! Every night I look forward to your posts! You're the best!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I also love Essie nail polish, and have that shade. I did recently buy another Essie polish in the very aptly named "Take me to thread" . Fortunately for me (and my waistline) the nearest Five Guys is about an hour away, but what an enjoyable day that must have been.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love how your day went, since mine often are the same. I went off the rails a bit yesterday when I had to park illegally to run into a shop to pay for something being ordered for me, which I did, but I bought 2 more things that I hadn't even gone in for. Well, they were on sale so how could I resist? I did remember to go to the Petsmart for cat toys though! Now, thanks to you, I will have to go to the Targets for that pretty Essie polish!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, I understand your need for DC. Mine is Coke...I cave way too often! Sounds like your day was fabulous !

    ReplyDelete