May 5, 2011

FUTZINGDAY, PART DEAUX

Stewey and I have decided that Wednesday shall henceforth be known as a no computer day. And, since we had such great success with Futzingday last week, we've decided to continue it and combine its celebration with some quietude around here.

In that spirit, I hauled myself up to the studio yesterday and futzed about until I had sufficiently cleaned the place up a bit and until I was satisfied that I had fondled every single item in my ridiculously decadent stitchy stash.

I'm pretty sure that if I ever have to pack this crap up I'm gonna need a bigger boat.

Anywhoose...I put some kitted projects into my big blue basket and then decided to start a little something new:

This is A Quaker Study from Carriage House Samplings. I'm stitching mine on 28ct. Cafe Mocha (love love love that!) with Weeks Dye Werks "Basil". Yummy. The linen is the same that I used for Quaker Diamonds, and the thread is a lovely mash-up of purpley grey lavenders and olivey green.

There must be something to that color combination, since it would seem that I'm drawn to it again and again. I had originally thought that I would opt for a couple of reds for this one, but as soon as I caught sight of the Basil, I was done for.

I'm off to find a patch of sunlight. Stewey seems a little chilled today, so methinks it's time to put our faces in the sun and snuggle under a big fuzzy blanket for a while.

Happy Futzingday!

16 comments:

  1. oooo love your futzingday .. i've tried to have something similar but failed ..lol love your new start :) hope you managed to get somewhere warm:) love mouse xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Basil...I'd be had for too...sounds too fab for words. I'm going to have to run to my LNS and take a peek! Blanket and sunshine...yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you and Stewey have a wonderful snuggy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Coni...because of you and your blog I spent a bit (!!!!) of money on new stash recently. Had to have Quakers and Diamonds, some Laura Perins and a few others I have seen you working on. I guess last week was my week of "weakness". But, seriously, I think store owners have to love blogs because of this!
    I also tried the day of no computer, but didn't work for me either. Of course, I'm on computer at work all day and it is so easy to take just a few minutes to read the Spinster Stitcher and keep up with the Dewey dog.
    Have a wonderful day!

    Joanie R.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good for you. Having a day of no computer is wonderful. What a great start! Can't wait to see more. Maybe every futzingday you start something new? I am thinking Stewey will NOT like this idea! LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH,YEAH....... gotta have that too..... :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, what I would do for a weekly futzingday. I could snuggle with the kitties for a bit in the mornings, and then futz in my craft room all day. When I grow up, I want to be retired! and the sooner the better.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the image of you and your puppy snuggled in a sunbeam.

    Mary in MN

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is just beautiful Coni, I have lusted after this for awhile now. I love green and purple together...it reminds me of spring...lilacs against shiny green leaves, violets in the grass,and my all time fav, lavender. I wonder, does anyone make scented threads?

    Kisses to Stewey...

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Basil is scrumptious! I have never done a Quaker but I think I might want to ask for one for my birthday... but which one? You and others have done so much enabling!

    A no computer day sounds like a great plan. I never intend to stay for long, and sometimes I don't. I know there are days though when I breeze by and spend a few minutes here and there and if I added those minutes up it would amount to a chunk of stitchy time!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVE Futzing day! Thank you! Also love your new project and looking forward to seeing it. Hope you and Master Stewey warmed up a bit. :) Cathryn

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful start Coni! That thread is so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wish I could have a futzing Wednesday, sounds lovely! I do have a couple of pyjama days every year during my holiday, does that count? Love this pattern and your choice of linen and thread.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am envious, not only of futzing day, and a Stewey, a blankie, and a patch of sunshine, but of your stitchy stash and the Spinster Stitcher Studio. I also want to tell you how very much I am consistently entertained by your adventures. Thanks so much for the blog. Say "Hey!' to Stewey for me. You, Aunt Chrissy, et al have a fabu weekend!

    ReplyDelete