Jul 9, 2009

OK, WHO GAVE STEWEY A BASEBALL BAT?

I am fairly certain that my nine-pound bundle of joy is beating me with a blunt instrument in my sleep. Yesterday I awoke with what can only be described as a "twisty" feeling in my lower back, and by noon it had progressed to actual pain.

Now I know that I am a fine physical specimen of what happens to you when your most strenuous activity of the day is pulling the cover off your Ginghers, but this is ridiculous. Today I am shuffling around the house muttering "Ow, ow, ow, ow, ow" as I contemplate how much trouble it would be to put the damn dog into a night night cage at bedtime. The current state of affairs is that he is lifted gently up onto the big girl sleigh bed and then he nuzzles down under the covers for his shut-eye. This leaves me to contort myself into odd shapes so that I don't disturb him. God forbid.

Well tonight I'm putting the proverbial foot down and demanding that I get more than a scant two and a half inches on which to perch for the night. If he insists on taking up that much room, I can accommodate him quite nicely by sleeping in the guest room. (Insert obvious eye-rolling here. Yes, I KNOW he's a dog but unfortunately HE doesn't know he's a dog. So until somebody explains this to him, I am better off just working with the current state of affairs around here and calling it a day).

I'm smacking myself in the head that my stitchy progress is sooooo small these last few days. I don't feel like I've had any good extended time in the Happy Chair to get this piece done, so I need to change that immediately.

(For the record, I'm blaming all of you. If you wouldn't insist on having so many lovely things to look at on your blogs, then I wouldn't be compelled to read them for hours every day and I could get on with things. So stop it. Please.)

The baseboards did not get touched yesterday, but I did manage to write a Spring Cleaning list in my head that will certainly be useful once I decide to start said Spring Cleaning. (I'm aiming for the Fall of 2010, in case you're interested.)

In the meantime, methinks I need to plant my heiney and get a'movin on this project!

14 comments:

  1. I spy a very pretty July ort jar!
    I hope your back gets better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor thing. It is no fun to have back pain. I didn't post anything to Blog today, just for you....

    Ok, I was really busy, but when I read this I decided to claim compassion for the SS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally feel your pain! Molly, my schnauzer, has to sleep on my stomach, while I lay there sweating up a storm and I don't want to bother her sleep!! What is it with us humans?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love our pets but not that much...for real??? I can't imagine being uncomfortable for our dogs...but I do hope you find a solution soon. Dianntha

    ReplyDelete
  5. ... an all that without thumbs. Personally I had to get out the heating pad this week, when I asked my friend why I had this pain, she responded with, "well you are 51". I immediately told her I hated her and then blamed my bed (I don't have a dog). Your's definitely must be Stewey, hope it feels better soon. Love the canvas work. CJ ok;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I totally understand. I wake up many mornings and try and untwist my legs to get out of bed, but not disturb the schnauzers. Just because I need the bathroom, doesn't mean I want to get up and let them all out. We have a king size bed, and could really use a few extra feet to accommodate 6 of us. Good thing my husband and I are both animal lovers. When I get up with aches and pains, I ask myself why I'm giving in to the animals, but I know the answer - they would do the same thing for me. The same thing happens when I stitch, I end up with 1 or 2 schnauzers on my legs. Often one of us will ask the other to get up and get something because we don't want to disturb the dogs on our laps. They are spoiled here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My DH would end up with his legs out of bed because our Maggie likes to cuddle up to us at night. Every time she moves and cuddles against him, DH would move away and right out of the bed. I finally convinced him not give way when she does her twirl and plops her furry behind next to him. Maggie just wants to be real close when she sleeps. I find that she makes a wonderful foot warmer and we get along very well with my feet on her backside. I suggest you give Stewey a nudge in the right direction so you have sleeping room. Stewey will appreciate a happy carefree Mommy in the morning.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hear ya sista....we have 2 cats (one is 20 lbs. and the other one is 7 lbs.) and who do they like to snuggle up with??? NOT DH, that's for sure! Even though we have a king size bed it seems like I'm sleeping on a narrow rail!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know how you feel. Dh works nights so I have 3 out of the 4 cats on my bed and then my dog, who weighs 99 lbs ends up curling up on DH's pillow because the cats don't make room for him.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the star spangled quilt, so pretty colors. Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh thank goodness, I'm not alone. Some members of my family would have me think I'm a little off kilter for accommodating the cat the way I do. Thank you for confirming otherwise. I thought cat's were nocturnal? Mine isn't. Nighttime means bedtime and the sooner the better for him.

    I don't mind that he wants to snuggle up but this cat is only happy on the pillows. Yes, where I rest my head. Now mind you I sleep with three pillows, my two and kitties one. Cases are changed routinely every other day because I
    simply don't trust him to stay off mine; yes cats are notoriously meticulous about their grooming...but not that meticulous. Every night is the same with the routine kneading neck massage thing he does. Ick. God forbid I should try to move him...he bites. I would never smack him, but I get right in his face and stearnly say, "NO BITING!" and then I start laughing. My kids should have been so lucky to get off that easily. Hope your feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Coni are you feeling any better? Is Stewey taking good care of you?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my goodness! LOL!! Ahem...I'm so sorry! Someone ought to teach that little booger a lesson dontcha think?? Your progres is looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, I can identify with all of you guys. My little Jack Russel, Spud, thinks he is human too. At night he nudges the duvet until we lift it for him to get in. He insists on sleeping between hubby and me - he wants to touch us both. :) We spoil him rotten, I know. And off course I try not to move too much - dont want to disturb the baby. Oh, we are all sick . . . :)

    ReplyDelete