Sep 19, 2008

EQUILIBRIUM, AT LAST

It's waaaay past my bedtime, but I wanted to share a pic of the finished "Equilibrium". Such a bittersweet feeling on this one -- I just loved every minute of it and am tickled with the result.
I did make one substitution. One of the patterns called for a DMC#5 perle "trellis" with a smyrna star in the center of Tiara. Well, my Tiara must have been from very very old stock because it just about disintegrated in my hands. So rather than get all fussy over it, I decided to use the Waterlilies silk instead. I love how it turned out.

Sorry about that shadow. I still haven't a clue how to take a decent picture. Sigh.

9 comments:

  1. It is just beautiful! Congrats of a wonderful finish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! Congrats on the finish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful finish Coni!! I hope your sister doesn't mind, but I bought a couple skeins of the Cherry Cordial for my Rambling Rose! I'm such a copy cat! Please tell her I'm sorry! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG, Coni, it's absolutely breathtaking! I can see why you didn't want it to end! Happy dancin' right along with you today...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've really enjoyed following your progress on "Equilibrium". It's brilliant and now I have to do one of my very own!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats. on the finish, I LOVE IT! What next.....maybe another one????

    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  7. *round of applause* it's stunning, well done

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's beautiful!
    May I ask what you DO with all of your completed projects -- is your home filled to the brim with your gorgeous creations, or do you sell them, or give them as gifts? I'm guessing all of the above, but I'm so impressed by the volume of your output -- is there a "Stitchy Museum" somewhere?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on your finish. It is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete