Oct 7, 2026

SPINSTER...WE HAVE A PLAN

Dearies, today, on what would have been my mom's 93rd birthday, I think we might actually have a bit of a plan. It's not exactly what an impatient portly Spinster would wish for, but it's safe and will be slow and steady. So while I might not be able to be here full speed just yet...I'm happy to report that I have a nice wide lane in which to park my fanny, and I'm staying here. Prednisone is still on board for now and I will taper as symptoms calm down. Will start on biologic/Remicade as soon as possible. Ongoing surveillance of BellyBean and Louie as day to day vitals indicate. Any fever, pain, or other issues and I'm back at the Four Seasons (*) asap.

In the meantime, I am trying to function daily as best as I can, but fighting terrible terrible fatigue, brain fog, blurry vision, moon face, etc that keep me quiet and mindful of rest.

Done.

So here are the things that are keeping Yours Truly from coming out of her skin:

READING: 

COLORING:




STITCHING: 


My Jersey Boy has been substitute teaching and ushering his heiney off, so I feel happy that he is getting out into the beautiful sunshine and doing things he loves. His mom is happily settled into Villa Raffaella in NJ and is thriving there, so it is an enormous weight off of his (and my) mind and heart.

So all good and happy things, Dearies. Not yet 100%, but hopeful that we're going in a good direction

The love and support and cards and letters and notes and prayers and gifts overwhelm me in the most profound way possible....as they always have. I thank you for them. Truly. My night-time prayers of gratitude grow longer and longer, and your names are in them each and every time I offer them.

What's new with you? Are you having the most beautiful cool sunny days with big white puffy clouds in pretty blue skies like we are? I am finding my way out onto the balcony more and more with my basket (**), and sometimes I just sit and rock and watch the world go by.

Love you, Dearies! Do something fun and come tell me all about it!

(*) Four Seasons is Beacon Granger Hospital
(**) My basket is a felt diaper tote that Rich calls my House Purse. It holds my book, book light, journal, stitchy project, coloring book, pens, water bottle, etc...and I tote it from room to room like it's my job.

1 comment:

  1. I had a house purse! More like a tote bag really. After surgery I couldn’t climb stairs more than once a day. Hubby would get me and my bag down the stairs (luckily we had a first floor potty) before leaving for work. That bag got me through some long boring days! Stay strong. This too shall pass. Or at least get lots better. You have an entire army pulling and praying for you!

    Debbie in Wisconsin

    ReplyDelete