Aug 3, 2024

IN WHICH I GO TO DONALDSON AND JOIN A REBEL STITCHING GANG 😳

See these lovely ladies? They don't look like trouble, but I can assure you, that if left alone with them for any length of time, they will enlist you in all kinds of shenanagins.

Day One here at Donaldson doesn't include meals, so we gathered for a pot-luck lunch of air-fryer pizzas. Miss Charlene and I toted our respective air fryers along, and we were cooking our little hearts out when we apparently blew a fuse in the outlet we were using.

So I did what any rational human person would do. I perched my 400 degree hot as the surface of the sun air fryer atop a plastic trash can with ridiculously flammable plastic bin liner for good measure and air-fried my little heart out.

(Note the handy fire blanket within proximity.)

I decided to up my gear game this year, so did some amazon-ing before hand to grab a few things for my stitchy spot:


So aside from trying to burn a building down, sweating buckets in the Hoosierville icky stickies, and playing Martha Stewart decorates a conference center table, it was a wildly successful first day I think.

I received a request from Betty (another Betty...not the bad Betty...a good Betty) to show my room/compartment. I'll do that later, since it's already going on 10:15 and I am still in my room/compartment enjoying a post-shower cool down!

Cheers, Dearies! What fun are you having today? Come tell me all about it!
 

8 comments:

  1. I got a gifted 80s sewing machine running!
    I also got a little clothes sewing done & hot my step goal, so a good day all around

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where 2 or more stitchers are gathered, shenanigans will ensue. Look forward to chapter 2! Debby in CO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy that you are having a good time, you deserve it.🙂

    ReplyDelete
  4. Coni, I am interested in the information about the small fan on your table. Pretty please! Glad to hear you made it to Donaldson and are having a good time. Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Robyn! I entered "portable fan" into the amazon search bar and found hundreds of options! This one was inexpensive, plugs into a usb to charge, and is silent as a church mouse!!

      Delete
    2. Jiminy Crickets! Sorry, Robin! I misspelled your name! 🙄

      Delete
  5. Due to hot/humid, after doing a few can't-avoid things outside (pick tomatoes, water plants, etc.) I decided to ignore weeding and work on mounting a vintage Iowa handkerchief. I need to find the little bits to hold it in the frame, paper the back, and hang it. Today, more ignoring weeding, finish the hankerchief, and I think I'll work on the casket project that I haven't touch in months. IF there's no GD duty that is.

    Love your setup - it's all so coordinated. That photo reminds me, I should pull out my little USB powered fan from the closet before it wanders off and put it in my travel bag. The stitching retreat sounds like a blast! I'm happy you are feeling well enough to attend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Coni, I am so glad you got to attend and participate in the shenanigans! It sounds like great fun is being enjoyed. I hope the second half is as good as the first!

    ReplyDelete